Should I break up with him for criticizing my 4 pound weight gain?

I'm a size 4 he is overweight with rolls. I gained weight because I spend more time with him and it is really hot outside but I'll lose it in the fall.

He tells me he hates saggy boobs. Mine aren't but they will be one day and he is controlling about my weight. I'm smart, well educated, good earner, funny and pretty I just want to be liked for who I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him if he keeps pointing out your flaws your going to start pointing out his and see what he says. Cause if he makes a huge deal out of it then explain how he's only tearing you down and not helping your selfesteem.

Most Helpful Girl

• How come it doesn't bother him that he's fat, but it bothers him you've put on a little weight?
    Hmmmm
    I'd dump his sorry ass.
    he sounds controlling and he relies on manipulation through making women feel like crap so they think they can't have anyone better than them.
    You sound hot and smart.
    What are you even doing with him?

What Guys Said 1

• You should lose the 12 pounds you've actually gained.

• On my frame a 12 lbs weight gain would put me up at least 3 sizes. My weight gain is little enough to where I can still fit in my other but I look much less toned. I was more toned before with more time to spend at the gym. Around 10 hours plus running. I work over 50 hours so I had to cut back to spend time with him.

• I gain it all in my legs and hips and I'm much smaller than a man. I use tape measure, trust me it is noticeable but also something I could lose in 2 weeks and will. Will I be as tone? Probably not but maybe in the long run.

• Again, 4 lbs wouldn't be noticeable. You start noticing it at about 8 unless you weigh yourself every day. I personally don't know where I'm at, last I checked I was 185 at 14% bodyfat, but I might have lost about 10lbs of fat while putting on some muscle. I know I'm about the same weight, lets put it it this way, but my build is MUCH better. Now you, on the other hand, would not notice the gain. If he is telling you that he notices it, it's time for you to make some healthy choices and get to the gym and make better eating decisions. If you want to live a long life you need to take care of yourself, if you want a boyfriend, you need to do the same. He will dump your ass if you don't start taking healthy steps to improve your life.

What Girls Said 10

• Draw a line, make it very clear that it is unacceptable to you when he criticizes/tries to control you like that. If he doesn't respect that you've told him not to, then break up with him. 4 pounds is hardly anything, so don't let him make you feel bad.

• It's better to leave, he sounds shallow and, as you said, is controlling about your weight. If you *let's say* marry him, there are chances of him controlling more than just your weight.
    "I'm a size 4 he is overweight with rolls."
    👆 This sounds more like he is with you because of your looks.
    But what you do is up to you.

• Talk to him. Tell him it bothers you. You are not even fat. If he can not understand, and love you for you, then that is when you take the intiative to leave him alone. Life is way too short for you to be in this type of predicament.

• Peh, sounds like you two deserve each other.

• 'He is overweight with rolls'

You two deserve one another

• It's not like I don't love him for it. He is reasonably overweight and sooo smart, amazing... I just don't think my gaining a few pounds should be a deal. There are guys with 6 packs who worship nothing but the gym and expect the same. Those are guys I don't date. I want to be liked for more.

• Yes but you saying that makes you no better then him. He's criticizing your body and you're doing exactly the same thing.

• It's a statement everything isn't black or white. I prefer men with a belly but it does upset me when such a small weight gain becomes a problem. I like him for the right reasons but he obviously does not.

• You can't even see 4 pounds.

Are you really asking? Because obviously you can do way better

• Ew get rid of him while you can

• Lol why is he talking if he has rolls?

• If he doesn't cherish you for who you are, and love you no matter what, then he isn't worth it. You shouldn't have to feel bad about yourself because of what he says and does. You need to be confident in who you are. My mom has always said don't let a man define who you are. you are strong independent, beautiful and loved very much, and if a guy is going to destroy how you feel and make you insecure, he doesn't deserve you. Its not important what the outside looks like, its the inside. You shouldn't lose weight because your boyfriend criticizes you. Lose weight because you want to be healthy and want to take care of yourself. But being a size 4, you don't even need to think about that. Always remember you're perfect how you are. Don't change for anyone!

• Yes you should.. You just described a verbally abusive and controlling fat pig