How exceptable is it for a date to be late?

How exceptable is it for a date to be late? I have been waiting for 20 min now... did I get stood up?

This hasn't happened before so I dont know how to feel or how to take this

Most Helpful Guy

• They better have one hell of an excuse. It's not acceptable. If it's been 20 minutes and they haven't tried to contact you I think you were stood up.

• What do I do? I dont know how to feel.. any point of asking him if he's comming or not?

• He Just messaged me saying he left his phone at his friends... im still kinda pissed

• Wait so he's late because he went out to be with you but then turned around to get his phone?

Most Helpful Girl

• If he doesn't arrive at all, then screw him, but, if he's late because of traffic or something don't hold it against him.

• He could at least message me saying he'll be late...

What Guys Said 4

• Actually one should never be late for a date. If someone comes late then the first impression itself will become a bad impression.

• Did they ring or call to let you know they're gonna be late, for traffic or some other incident? If not then it is not acceptable for them to leave you waiting that long.

• No.. he doesn't have my number... but he said time.. he even suggested picking me up... im confused

• So should I ask him if he's comming or not?

• He should be the one asking if he deserves a second chance. So he needs an epic excuse to justify not turning up.

• probably not late than a hour, i am usually late to my dates because it takes hell of time to pluck thick hair on my ear

• Should I message him asking where he is?

• That's never acceptable. If he didn't contact you and let you know he was going to be late, I would forget about dating this guy.

• He Just messaged me saying he left his phone at his friends house... What do I do know?

• True.. I Just rejected him.. And went to hang out with some friends instead.. he had his chance. He blew it.. not my problem anymore

• That's what I would have done. Nice job!

What Girls Said 1

• I think waiting 20 min is okay as long as they call and let you know, but if they don't call they are being rude and are not valuing your time.

• Yeah... I dont know what to do. . I dont wanna go home, but im kinda sad. . And confused.. he told me he really wanted to meet me, he even suggested picking me up and everything... its so confusing