How do I word this?

My boyfriend and i have been together for 4 years. Im 24 and he is 28. He still always puts his family parents and siblings in higher importance above me. I would get it if we have beem dating like 6 months or something like that but we are both grown adults who have been dating 4 years. I feel like serious relationships as adults should become the main priority over time and i don't feel like he holds me to the importance he should. My boyfriend is my main priority right up there even before my immediate family im some cases but most of the time its tied. I just thought that as adults who are looking to start our lives and settle down together he would start putting me as more of a main priority. What do i say to him when i talk to him about it?

What Guys Said 1

• "I would get it if we have beem dating like 6 months or something like that but we are both grown adults who have been dating 4 years. "

^i'm afraid even if a full decade's been passed... he'll still act in da same way... possibly his family means a lot to him...

"I feel like serious relationships as adults should become the main priority over time and i don't feel like he holds me to the importance he should. "

^indeed i agree wid u... but unfortunately u cannot change someone's views... :|

" I just thought that as adults who are looking to start our lives and settle down together he would start putting me as more of a main priority. What do i say to him when i talk to him about it?"

^have u ever talked to him about it? i mean da fact u don't feel being his #1 priority... :)

if u did and he still cannot change... then i'm afraid this guy's not ideal for u... sorry... :|

• Well one of the things i talked to him about that is an example of where he luts his family first before me that hurts is the fact that he gives his mom his bank info all the time to borrow money which frustrates me because we plan on moving in together in the next few months but yet he will share this info with his mom but not with his own girlfriend who is going to move in with him and start a life together. I just feel like that info i have more of a right to considering we are moving in together in the very near future and so we should know where each others financial situation is. His mom and him aren't starting a future like that together and if ge is always giving her money then where does that leave us ya know

• " I just feel like that info i have more of a right to considering we are moving in together in the very near future and so we should know where each others financial situation is. "

^well u've got a point there... but if he won't change wot r u gonna do then? consider for a break-up? :)

What Girls Said 0