My 20 year old boyfriend is lying about having a daughter?

My boyfriend and I are 2yrs in. When we were 18 back in 2013, he told me that he had a 3yrs old daughter. She's 5 now. But he doesn't really have a daughter. It's really his niece. Whys he lying? He doesn't know that I found out he was lying. He thinks I believe him. He's lied to me and a few of his close friends and some of my friends as well. I don't know how to address the situation. He will just denie it and turn this into a situation that is my fault instead of his. own fault for lying. Why is he lying?

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be he had a child with his cousin. Niece is who again? It could be he had a daughter with his step sister. Yes step sister.

• He doesn't have a step sister. His sister has 2 daughters and new born son. He's claiming that his sisters youngest daughter is really his. That she's just taking care of her until he gets his own place and graduates college.

• Could be from the one before her?

• he might not want to tell you to make it less complicated. he could be her foster father?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him to either spell it out for you or move on. Who the heck lies about having a kid? That's really messed up and has to be indicitive of other problems with lying.

And this "He will just denie it and turn this into a situation that is my fault instead of his. own fault for lying." Is a big problem too.

What Guys Said 1

• is his sister dead?

• No his sister is alive and lives in Florida. I've eveg met Her. He claims to have gotten this girl pregnant when he lived with his brother in Florida back when he was 15. He said the girl was a bad parent and agreed to let him take the child to ny to live with him. He said his sister has legal custody of her and that no one in his family knows except the sister and him and the "mother"

• maybe its incest

What Girls Said 3

• Perhaps he sees her a daughter, however yes calling your niece your daughter if she has parents that are perfectly capable of taking care of her, and he literally is just her uncle aka sees her and plays etc. That's odd, maybe he thought you were a huge family person as this was a way of winning you over? I'm not sure it's an odd thing to lie about

• I agree that he sees her as his child because he spent most of his childhood watching her because his sister is lazy. But that doesn't justify the lying.

• Umm that's weird. I would run he sounds like he has mental issues

• He's the only one who can tell you why he's been lying to you.