What do you think, do opposites attract?

Opposites as in introverts and extroverts.

I'm an introvert. I've noticed that it is hard to find friends being in university and not going to parties. :/ I feel like I won't meet a guy, since I'm not an extrovert.

What are you and your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• To an extent, I think opposites attract. In your case, the guys will come up and talk to you if they know you're interested. The trick is going to be learning to be a little less introverted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well its not as if all men are extroverts, if thats what you're implying. However, two introverts together may present certain challenges, but it happens

And it does depend on the person. Some want someone the same in terms of introvert, extrovert spectrum. Others are attracted to opposites and people thought to compliment their types instead of people thought to clash with personality types.

I can go either way. There are other elements to personality type that matter more to me than just being introverted or extroverted. According to my myers briggs test (lol) I'm in the "least extroverted of the extroverts" category. Someone once called me an "introverted extrovert". Basically, what that means for me is I'm very extroverted at some times and more introverted at other times. I do like to recharge. I like my alone time, sometimes too much. Probably from being an only child, I have always loved being around other people (aside from my parents) because I crave the socialization and meeting different people, but I'm so used to being in my own space and enjoying myself alone that my "down time" isn't boring in the same way it might be for some other people. I have homebody tendencies sometimes, but I love being around people and in big crowds. I'm awkward in the bars/clubs/parties settings.

I still have trouble finding someone, but I don't think it exactly has to do with my introverted extroversion. Not completely. I think it has to do with my socialization - I often go out with friends and focus on them instead of meeting tons of new people each week, although that has been changing. I don't like common hook up spots where people often meet people. And I can push people away when they do indicate interest, remnants of the deep insecurity I grew up with. I'm also a very specific type of person ("intellectual", feminist, social science nerd, etc.) that can be intimidating or just unattractive to some people. I'm also looking for more substantial compatibility, which is harder than just meeting someone "cute and nice."

Think harder. Is it really your introverted nature that is the issue, or are you not sending the right signals, do you push people away or are you very welcoming and responsive according to what you really want, do you meet a variety of people on a regular basis, are you meeting these people in the right places for you, are you looking for people who have common interests, etc. Ask several people close to you what they think.

What Guys Said 4

• You won't meet the kind of guy you're looking for if extraverts are hitting on you and you're an introvert. You need an introvert probably, I know I do. It's hard for introverts to meet, we tend to gravitate to seclusion and find joy in ourselves and alone activities. With that in mind, we don't meet as many people as extraverts do, and I find that terrifying honestly, I know easily 2000 people, any of which I can have a phone number from if needed in less than a day. To imagine that there are people out there that know exponentially larger amounts of people than I do is kind of insane.

Good luck, you'll have it easier than I will I'm sure, but it will still be hard. Peace.

• Opposites attract but not enough to become one.

• Depends. Some people are attracted to people who are like them, but some prefer complete opposites.

• Sometimes, but not always. I like all types. I'm introverted, but I like introverted girls, extroverted girls, and any other kinds.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm an introvert and I always crush on extroverts 😄 I don't know if they crush on me though. So as far as that goes, from my experience, yes they attract. But when it comes to relationships, does it work out, does it last? I'm not sure.