How do I ask my mom for permission?

So my crush just asked me out. I have to ask my mom for permission for him to take me though. I'm afraid she won't let me go. So I have to be careful with how I ask. I have no idea how to ask her so any advice would be great :)

What Guys Said 1

• He should meet your mom. Nothing fancy, just have him come by some time and say hi, it works wonders if he does it properly. In fact, I think you should have HIM ask your mom for permission to take you out. I know it sounds old fashioned, but she will trust him more if he can show that he has respect for her authority. Give it a try, if he has the guts to do it, things will go much better. If a guy isn't willing to meet your mom, she probably has a reason to say no.

What Girls Said 1

• My mom is also very strict in the sense that I have to ask for permission and I always think I will get shot down but if you think there's no way your mom will let you go just say you're going to a library or park or something with a classmate to finish schoolwork. If you fell bad about lying actually go to that place for a while and maybe do a bit of work. It depends on what you're willing to do to go out with your crush. If you think she might let you if you ask the right way then ask her and be honest. Tell her you really like him and maybe offer to do some chores or to check in and promise to behave or something. Moms are usually very understanding and that's how I got my mom to let me go out. She trusts me very much and I promised I would check in and behave.