I'm never goi to have a girlfriend in high school... will I?

Well... looks like I just won't have a girlfriend in high school, I mean, going into senior year I know the same stupid fucking people, most of whom rejected me, and, the only one of whom I tried remaining friends with I barely talk to anymore. The only girl I think I even have a chance with started going out with another guy on what would have been our first date. Sigh, you public school kids don't know how easy you have it, me, I'm stuck in a mostly white boys school where all the girls I know are also white. Jeez, I won't even be able to go to prom...

Most Helpful Girl

• If you’ve never had a girlfriend, then you may be nervous about wanting to find someone as soon as you can, but the truth is, you’re far better off waiting for the right girl to come along than in rushing into a relationship with a girl you don’t really like.

Look for a girl that you may be compatible with, who you think is an interesting person that you’d actually like to get to know. You may not know the girl that well, but if you get a good feeling every time you’re around her, then there may be something there.

It’s a good idea to go for someone who you can see yourself really starting a relationship with. That said, you don’t need to be so picky that you’re only willing to ask a girl out if she seems like she can be your soul mate.

Try to find a common interests. If you like sports, join an intramural sports team or go to local sporting events. If you like music, go to concerts or join the band or orchestra. If you like books, go to the library or a bookstore. The internet is excellent for finding people with more obscure interests.

Good luck.

• I get a bad feeling every time I'm around a girl I'm even remotely attracted to... and, I act, but, most of the actors I know are self-absorbed cunts (and, I mean all of em, not only the girls). And, this right one stuff always fails, like, always. And, I've tried tinder, all it proved to me that girls are more self-absorbed than I thought.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, stop worrying about having a girlfriend. Girls are not worth self-loathing. Statistically speaking, you WILL have a girlfriend at some point in your life, probably sooner than you think. If you really want a girlfriend then find one outside of school. High school isn't the only place to get friends. You've said in previous questions that you are actually attractive but if that is true then the only thing holding you back is desperation. Girls can smell desperation a mile away and it turns them right off.

• Well, it's hard not to be desperate when the closest thing you have to a win is being told you're nice looking. The most I ever had was a date, and the girl basically fucking despises me now.

• Hey, at least you actually had the courage to ask her out and go on a date. I couldn't do that in a million years. Who cares if she despises you, just move on. There is billions of other girls. None of them worth beating yourself up for having the balls to go on a date with them.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about it, I only got my first serious boyfriend when I was in second year of college so don't be worrying.

• Yeah, well, I bet you had boyfriends prior, I've never had anything

• Nope I didn't. Most people meet their future partners in college so don't worry about it.

• I'm sorry to hear that, but not everyone dates in highschool, and it doesn't really matter anyway...
    Don't people go to prom by themselves?

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, in high school I was always thinking, "maybe this year I'll finally get a girlfriend." And I never did.
    And I was in a public school that probably had slightly more girls than guys.
    I never went to prom either, even though I could've gone junior or senior year.

• Why dont you date a girl from a different school?
    you know you can meet girls anywhere right?
    try doing that and see what happens

• The only girls I know are from different schools

• oh...
      well you are gonna have to meet new ones, and if not girls get really slutty in college so you will do fine once you graduate