Getting mixed signals from a girl, need advice?

Hey everyone,

So I'm having trouble figuring this girl out and I want to know what I should do. We dated for a bit and really liked each other, but she said she wasn't ready for a relationship. This was partly because I think I was too pushy wth her in the beginning. I took that as not wanting a relationship with me yet but she still wants to be friends. Normally from my experience, girls say this as a nice way of rejecting me and I never hear from them again. I told her I wasn't interested in being just friends and to let me know if she ever changes her mind.

3 months later, I had a pretty bad accident and she texts me to see if I was ok. I told her we should hang out and catch up a bit. She insisted on just being friends. I thought maybe she just wants to take things slow so I wanted to see what her intentions were. We flirted a lot when we met and just had a great time.

She invited me over to her house to watch a movie together and have wine. This is after I mentioned that we should go to a sporting event or just the local theatre. I found it odd that she would ask me to come over like that. Just her and I. My friends don't do that and yes I do have friends that are girls. During our time together we started cuddling with each other and eventually started making out. She didn't pull away at all and seemed excited that we were kissing. She then said that she doesn't know what this is but she likes it. It could have been partly the alcohol, but you don't invite a guy over when know he likes you without thinking something might happen? We have seen each other twice since then and she even paid for my lunch. But nothing was brought up. Should I bring this up and see what her thoughts are on the situation? How would I go about bringing it up? I'm dating other women and don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, but I feel amazing when I'm with her. I have never felt that way with anyone before.

What Girls Said 1

• I mean, she's definitely giving mixed signals.
    Maybe she isn't sure what she wants?
    I would bring it up to her because at this point, there's not much to lose

What Guys Said 1

• "So I'm having trouble figuring this girl out and I want to know what I should do. We dated for a bit and really liked each other, but she said she wasn't ready for a relationship. This was partly because I think I was too pushy wth her in the beginning. "

^i see... did she have a bad-relatonship recently maybe as well... and she was afraid to commit again soon?

"3 months later, I had a pretty bad accident and she texts me to see if I was ok."

^so u haven't talked at all during those 3 months... right?

" I told her we should hang out and catch up a bit. She insisted on just being friends. I thought maybe she just wants to take things slow so I wanted to see what her intentions were. We flirted a lot when we met and just had a great time."

^this could be a possibility as well... keep in mind many gals tell they want to start as friends... in order to take things slowly... :)

"She invited me over to her house to watch a movie together and have wine. This is after I mentioned that we should go to a sporting event or just the local theatre. I found it odd that she would ask me to come over like that. Just her and I. "

^yet sounds like a friendly invitation mostly in my opinion... ;)

"She didn't pull away at all and seemed excited that we were kissing. "

^were u da one who started cuddlin first?

if yes... then it's a good sign she wasn't being annoyed and didn't pull away... so ya seems like she wants to take things slowly indeed i'd say... ;)

"It could have been partly the alcohol, but you don't invite a guy over when know he likes you without thinking something might happen?"

^if u consumed alcohol (both or only u/her?) as u say... then alcohol helped u being more touchy... yet sober actions count mostly in my opinion though... ;)

"We have seen each other twice since then and she even paid for my lunch. "

^she was just being nice here though...

"But nothing was brought up. Should I bring this up and see what her thoughts are on the situation? How would I go about bringing it up? I'm dating other women and don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, but I feel amazing when I'm with her. I have never felt that way with anyone before."

^whoa if u wanna go serious wid her... better stop datin other gals... does she know u do?

if she doesn't better don't tell since she might lose interest if u do... but if u think seriously about her... better stop seein other gals as i said before... ;)

• ^i see... did she have a bad-relatonship recently maybe as well... and she was afraid to commit again soon?

Yeah it sounds like she did have a bad relationship before that she might be still getting over.

so u haven't talked at all during those 3 months... right

Not at all she was still my Facebook friend so that's how she found out about my injury.

were u da one who started cuddlin first?

Yes I Initiated touching her by giving her a back massage and she gradually got closer to me as the night went on. We had a good moment and we just started making out. No pulling back at all.

Does this sound like she is interested but is just playing it cautiously? What should I do to let her know I like her more than a friend but not sound pushy?

• Yeah only a couple days. Nothing awkward has happened since then so I'm just playing it cool for now. She has invited me out every time since then. I haven't had to initiate going out with her yet. I'm not really dating anyone else right now and I do want to focus my time on getting to know her more now.

• "She has invited me out every time since then. I haven't had to initiate going out with her yet. I'm not really dating anyone else right now and I do want to focus my time on getting to know her more now"

^nice... then i believe u should initiate after some point... so it'll make her realise u r being interested as welll...