Is it important to tell the guy you are dating you're a Virgin?

I'm just curious and can't decide what the best direction to with is? Is it a turn off that I'm a Virgin or a turn on? Also, what if we already went to 3rd base and I stopped it before it went any further. Do I need to explain why?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to say something before you have sex

• Just curious... Why do I need to say something?

• So, would you say something now. Since we had sex the other night? Or will it just be weird to tell him now. I kinda regret not saying anything.

• If it was good tell him

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if things start getting serious

• We had sex the other night and I never said anything. Do I still need too?

• The first time he fingered me. I wouldn't let him take my shorts off. He came over and surprised me after his trip. He's a pilot and was gone for six weeks for training at a new airline. I told him he had to take me on a date again to go all the way. Before training all we did was hug and during training he got some liquid courage and was very sexual in his text messages. Then he came over and that night after his trip and surprised me. That's when we had our first kiss. Which was amazing and totally worth the wait.

• Sounds cute :)

What Guys Said 2

• I do think you should tell him so he knows how to have sex with you and understands the first time may be painful.

It doesn't make any difference to me whether or not I would date somebody, though.

• It shouldn't make much difference to the relationship however as someone has already stated it may be a good idea to tell him so he knows it may hurt you.

What Girls Said 5

• No. Unless you have confirmed that you and this guy are actually going to have a future then he does not need to know if you are a virgin. I stayed a virgin until I was 21 and chose not to disclose this information to guys. This is because most of the guys you date are futureless anyway. The connection is not going to evolve and you two are never going to develop a legitimate, impactful relationship so why does he need to know? Plus, some guys think that virgins are trophies and will disgustingly prey on their virginity like a vulture hovering and waiting for it's meal. They may not even truly love you or be all that into you but they will wait as long as it takes to devour the vulnerable, one time experience that is your virginity. You gotta look out for those azzes!

You do not need to explain yourself sexually to a guy who is not your boyfriend. You don't owe him an explanation nor do you have to disclose how much extra skin you have in your vaggie. Never tell them unless they officially become a boyfriend.

• This... asker, follow this advice

• Not exactly but there was a time my then boyfriend (and only one at the time) started praising me too much and calling me a goody-two-shoes. When he was once arguing with my mother for not taking me out like before, according to my mother... after she was explaining to her how I'm a home girl and naive in the world (as in saying ''hey what's up with you, that's my daughter'')... he said something like ''that's the reason I fell more in love with her''. Omg, that's what no guy should say to a girl's mother he's arguing with.

• well I was 19/20 at the time... obviously a lot more naive and shy than now.. less wiser

• in all truth just be honest its not a bad things to be a virgin, many girls today are not the fact that you still are just makes you special no matter what people and society is thats something good. once you lose you can't get it back so do it with someone who actually loves you and who would move mountains if he had to just to be with you kinda cheesy but true.

• Tell him, but only for your own sake. You're a virgin, which means your first time it's probably going to be painful. Tell him in order to be more careful.

• I usually tell the guy straight away
    u should tell him, he needs to be gentle

• How long exactly have you been dating this guy? But besides that, I would say that you definitely need to. If you tell him, then he will be much more easier with you and will not expect you to be a lady of experience.