Why does he still seem interested even after I caused a political argument while I was drunk?

I met this guy on a famous football player's party bus (I won't disclose the name) but one of my friends who is friends with him invited me on the party bus, that's where I met this guy, lets call him Trevor, who was very attractive. He had a great smile, and he is definitely my type but he lives in a different state, but comes back here and there to watch support the college football team he used to play with.

Trevor was a little quiet and didn't come across as cocky or anything. We shared the same dark humor, and we just meshed so well that we decided to go home to my place. (This never happens with me) but before we could get to my house we had a political argument. I started it because I'm a liberal, and when I'm drunk I just like to have a debate lol BAD IDEA. Anyway that night didn't end well, but he was nice enough to get me an uber and everything.. Then later on I apoligized on facebook and he didn't respond.

The other day (2 months after that) I saw him at the first football game of the season, we ended up texting all night and he mentioned that he found me attractive and openly flirted with me over text. I asked him to hang out that night but he had to get back to the hotel with his dad so they could leave the next morning (since he was in town visiting). Anyways, could he still be interested in me even after I showed my anarchist passionate side about politics? Is this a turn on for men even if you have a opposing views?

Normally I'm interested in guys with similar views as me, but something about Trevor intruiges me and I want to try dating him long distance, cause he said he'd like to see me too. I don't know if he just wants to get laid, but or if he's just being polite. But I told him I don't just sleep with someone on the first meet, I'd have to get to know him more in person so he knows that..

Hopefully you read the whole thing! Most detailed answer gets the most points :)
thanks.

What Guys Said 1

• "(This never happens with me) but before we could get to my house we had a political argument. I started it because I'm a liberal, and when I'm drunk I just like to have a debate lol BAD IDEA. "

^so's he conservative?

"The other day (2 months after that) I saw him at the first football game of the season, we ended up texting all night and he mentioned that he found me attractive and openly flirted with me over text. "

^well... it's been 2 months since then.. and also u were drunk.. so u could be pardoned somehow... so there's no reason to hold a grudge for such a thing... unless he's a fanatic about politics...

" Anyways, could he still be interested in me even after I showed my anarchist passionate side about politics? Is this a turn on for men even if you have a opposing views?"

^i couldn't care less about her political views as long as she's not obsessed wether she's right or left wing... if she's obsessed then ya it's a turn-off in my opinion...

and if he's not obsessed himself as well... i see no reason y he'd not still be interested... ;)

"Normally I'm interested in guys with similar views as me, but something about Trevor intruiges me and I want to try dating him long distance, cause he said he'd like to see me too. I don't know if he just wants to get laid, but or if he's just being polite."

^he didn't show any signs he JUST wanted to get laid... didn't he? sounds like he's a serious guy mostly...

anyway... i believe when he comes back to yer town again... he might ask u out by then... ;)

• I'm a passionate liberal as well. Thanks for the input! :)

• He seems like he has a conservative mindset because of his family or something. He clearly doesn't follow politics like I do. From what it seems anyway

• indeed... sounds like he's being into sports mostly...

What Girls Said 0