What kind of men like women with strong opinions?

I have very strong political and social opinions, because I'm well educated and care about what's going on in the world. I had a debate with this guy while drunk (he was riduclously cute) and I wished I never brought up my views because we ended up having a heated debate. Usually debates are alright, but when fuled with alcohol is turned ugly. silly me.

Anyways, I texted him when he was in town and we had an amazing conversation. From the first time we met we had this great connection, almost so natural and he was very into me but I'm but sure if it's just because he's sexually attracted to me. He still shows the same interst, but we didn't get to hang out unfortunetely.. I want to text him more often but I'm scared he's not that interested. What do you think? Is he interested? was my passionate debate somehow a turn on a few months ago?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe women should be able to speak what's on their mind
    no matter what strength your opinion is and if he can't accept that
    then he may not be the man for you i believe well educated women
    can teach men things they may never knew or teach them things
    about the political field he may or may not know i believe we all
    need taught a lesson but if the guys just sexually attractive to you
    than you need to do a double take on him and you need to continue
    standing your ground all the way but don't be afraid of what he thinks.

• I definitely spit my knowledge on him when I got home after that, with facts and stuff. then we just stopped talking for two months. I wonder if he learned more about politics since then or realizes he wants to learn more about it maybe.
      And why would a guy be sexually attracted to a girl who got mad at them and was overly passionate? I mean, maybe it's just my looks he's after, but I was surprised to see he was being flirty and stuff.. I figured he wouldn't be into me anymore. but yes I will always speak whats on my mind :)

• Yeah i agree with you glad to be able to help you

Thank you for MHO :) :D

• I admire you are strong will that something my late maternal Grandma
      who was Scots was very strong will and strong minded she never
      gave into my grand-dad who cheated on her so sad for men to do

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it was a turn on for him. If it was a heated debate that means he has opinions too and those exchanges can be very arousing. I know I'm aroused when u have an intellectual convo with a rediculously cute guy.

• Do you think so? he seemed pretty pissed off during the time, but now that we are recently talking he seems pretty interested in me and says how attractive I am.. I don't know if he sees me as more than a hot bod though haha

but yeah intellectual convos are sexy as hell. #sapiosexual

• He's talked with you and knows he's gonna have to talk with you more to get to that hot bod of yours so I'm guessing he's interested in more than the bod.

What Guys Said 21

• He doesn't know you any better to be more than just sexually attracted to you at this point. That is the most you can hope for. While most guys don't want a woman that is a doormat that never voices her opinion. Any debate with a man or woman can cause a loss of respect, or reveal an incompatibility. For some reason when it is between a man and a woman, people act like it is different if the man is turned off by her views. Most people are going to prefer others that have opinions and views closer to their own. That is just something we need to accept.

• I generally prefer people with my similar views, which is why this is so rare for me.

• Well first of all drunk people arguing , even if passionate about a topic is not a positive thing. He might have that in his head thinking that's what he's in for if he got involved with you. Even the most intelligent passionate people are just stupid when drunk. If you didn't already, a light apology is appropriate. Not for being passionate or for having an opinion, but for maybe overdoing it when drunk... i say light cause its not a big deal, but it shows consideration and flexibility that you may not have shown when drunk. That being said, my girlfriend is very opinionated and passionate about certain things, we get on just fine, though we don't always agree with one another and as long as you are ok with another intelligent passionate person disagreeing with you, you won't have any problems.

• I already did apologiz the day after but then we didn't talk again til recently

• Great, I think I'll start contacting him more to see how it goes. He lives in a different state though, but good thing there's texting and stuff. thanks for the very thorough answer :) I appreciate it

• Here's some food for thought. Independent, opinionated women are kind of typical these days, especially in your age group. Don't think of yourself as some outlier that is not going to be attractive to most men. This is a discussion from 20 years ago. An independent woman, that lives with purpose and passion is a very attractive opportunity for many, many guys. My girlfriend is very much like this, she is physically attractive, but these characteristics , purpose, intelligence, passion define her. She would not be nearly as attractive to me were she not like that in spite of her physical appearance.

• The issue isn't whether or not you have an opinion, every one has an opinion, its whether or not you allow for others to have an opinion. If you take the approach that you know bes and any one that disagrees with you is stupid that is a very abrasive and unattractive trait. If you are rude and make it personal during a debate then that will also make you appear less desirable. Having opinions however will not effect a guys perception of you and will probably be more desirable (I had an ex who refused to talk about anything remotely resembling an argument, it was very frustrating).

• It's not whether she has a strong opinion or not, it's when incontrovertible fact blatantly contradicts it, I point it out respectfully, and I get blatant disrespect and even she sends a mob after me to make me pay for disagreeing with her, that I take issue.

That's not merely a woman with a strong opinion. That's a deluded psycho with equally lost friends, willing to destroy anyone who won't let them get away with living in la la land. I knew someone like that once. She flirted with me openly, until she learned that I would not defend Planned Parenthood. And that was before I learned about the selling body parts on the black market thing. Then, she went from acting like a little girl with a crush to full-on Cruell deVil mode.

• Well regardless of that, you are a male who has no right to say what a woman wants to do with her own body. When men are so against planned parenthood it makes no sense to me for that reason. She was right.

• He has a right to his own opinions about planned parenthood, and even to have a different opinion about when life begins. It is women that claim men have no right to an opinion that she disagrees with, that turn men away from them. These women not only disagree with them, but then act superior just because they are a woman by claiming men have no right to our opinions unless we agree to you. It isn't that women are opinionated, it is because they are so often disrespectful to the men they disagree with that turns men off.

• She was right to bully me? To send goons to harass me? And the body inside your body is not your body. And if the child inside were mine, I'd have at least 50% right to say what is to be done. The child would have a say too. This "I don't want to be responsible, therefore, I'm owed a right to murder" is Heideggerism, which also led to Jews being gene spliced with chimpanzees in Mengele's laboratories to see what would happen.

Also, men and women who've lost loved ones to chop shops that try to cover up malpractice have a right to be angry. A for-profit organization that gets taxpayer donations and pays no taxes, and gets rich off murder? And sells body parts on the black market? What makes no sense is advocating it. Pure evil.

And this is one instance where the science and law are what matters. You showing contempt for my contextually-irrelevant chromosomes is irrational and disrespectful.

• I tend to have a thing for girls with strong opinions. Perhaps it was how my mother raised me. Maybe my father. Or perhaps the fact that I never felt my value as a person came from having to 1-up a girl in some way.

For the record, girls give the pressure at least as much as guys do. It's one of the fundamental expectations of dating and the male role.

Which brings me to my point. The guys who will probably like opinionated women would be the ones who aren't as attached to their "be a man" card. I suppose the question at that point would be whether or not YOU are attracted to these men.

And of course, there are always tough guys who like girls who are tough like them.

Of course, it also depends on the opinions. If you have the strong conviction that men are shitheads, you'll roll a 1 every time.

• I cannot STAND girls who do not voice (or perhaps even have?) strong opinions. It takes any fun out of a long term relationship.

• No have your opinions and show them, because they'll come out sooner or later in the relationship. You wouldn't want to date a guy with strong views that didn't agree with your's would you? I don't know you, so I can't say what your answer is, but if it were me I wouldn't. There's someone out there for everybody, so if he disagreed with your views both of you could stop wasting time and see other people.

• Men that share their opinions, men that like to be submissive, men that like to be challenged in their thinking (if they hold a different opinion from her).

Not all will like or dislike a strongly opinionated person for the same reasons.

• You should not hide your personality to be with some guy. If he was turned off by your passionate debate, he's not the guy for you. There are plenty of guys (like me) who love a spirited conversation with an intelligent woman.

• He still seems interested since that time, so maybe he is into it.. I'm not sure.

• he is probably more attracted to you now ;) Personally, I love heated arguments, I'm also passionate and have strong opinions of my own, just don't be close minded (sometimes we are wrong, and it takes a strong character to admit when we are), that's the problem most people have, but you don't seem to be like that :)

• Women with their own opinions and beliefs are extremely attractive to me. I'd like an equal partner.

There's a balance to it all.

• I have strong opinions on political and social subjects too. Mostly people like us get rag other if we're both not assholes. Cuz assholes have strong opinions too

• I'm guessing men that like women with strong opinions.

• Out of curiosity, what are these strong political opinions of yours?

• I'd be labeled as liberal. Secularism over religion in politics. Black lives matter movement (because the American justice system doesn't know that). Equal rights to marry whoever, etc. Equal rights in general.

• I'm afraid its rare to find that in this particular part of the United states. I'm a diverse person because I have a unique background. I found it interesting that we had such great chemistry, he never really shared much opinion except for his view on taxes.. which is pretty typical. But it sounded more like he doesn't stay focused on whats going on in the world, he's out of college and working on his career. I'm at the stage where I'm constantly reading and researching.. so I don't know. Maybe opposites attract?

• I'm a psychology college student, and It's important for people in the psych realm to be extremely open-minded. But for some reason I'm not attracted to guys exactly like me anymore. I want someone established and stable.

• What made this guy ridiculously cute in your opionin, describe everything including details?

• Well that entire night he was attempting to get my attention and showed a lot of interest. We were at a bachelorette party thrown famous football player, and he's friends with some of them because they played football at the same college. So it was a great night.

What I liked about him was he wasn't super flashy and was the most laid back on the bus, and he took a lot of interest in me by having a good conversation. We seemed to have the same dark humor, and we just clicked instantly.. It was the weirdest thing cause I rarely have chemistry with someone I barely met. He started to "court" me, where he was telling me about the fact that he's a hard working business man and gave me like 50 dollars worth of dollar bills after the bachelorette party gang left the strip club. He was just like "hey, take it, I don't need it"

He also offered me an Uber as a total gentleman. I've never felt a connection like that, it was wonderful to say the least. And now he still seems pretty into me

• Yes, looks alone don't attract me. He has a really great smile though, and laid back personality.

• The only problem is we live in different states. (not too far at all) but still.. Not sure how to go about this since I really want to get to know him on a personal level.

• I actually find it quite boring. If a girl and I had a debate, I would only make it last 15 minutes because it can go on for ages. Also seeing as we all have our own opinions, no one is right or wrong. I'd rather joke around at the beach and enjoy the sun together. I do like girls who can debate, but if its too much then it just gets boring.. And who likes boring

• I hate it but it's so politically incorrect that I'll post it anonymously.

• Having a strong opinion is ok but it has its limits as much as you want to have the last word in any debate sometimes its best to compromise and let it end without either sides winning. Yeah he might still be into you but not in the way you might expect

• As long as she expresses it in a civilized manner I don't mind at all.

• What was the topic of debate?

• It's pretty hot in general when you can have an intense discussion with a girl, even if you don't necessarily agree with her. Intelligence is attractive. He definitely sees you as more than just a pretty face, you have demonstrated that to him.

What Girls Said 8

• i think that being an opinionated woman is not a bad thing if u know how to tame it. I'm kinda like you in that i have certain beliefs that I'm passionate about, but when i debate, i try to debate civilly and with an open mind in case his views aren't the same.

having debates is fine haha, just dont bring booze into the mix :P

• A lot of men really like intelligent women with opinions because it would be boring spending lots of time with someone and never having anything to discuss. I say give it a try because the worst that can happen is that he says he isn't interested. If you let him slip away you might never know and you two could have had a good thing. Just mentally prepare yourself for the fact it could go either way :)

• If a guy was genuinely interested, he wouldn't say out loud you are attractive. I suspect he just wants to how aroused you get if he flirted. Never mind how you try to sell yourself to him about your intellectual mind... But he knows he's got some sort of seductive hold over u.

• Like minded men

• Your opinions can not be that strong if you'd consider hiding them or feel shame about them bc it didn't impress some guy.

• I would never even consider hiding them. Maybe not talk about them as much or just agree to disagree.

• ... What does having an "education" have to do with having strong opinions?
    Education doesn't cause you to develop them. Seriously...

• I'm just highly educated and research a lot on my own time. Also learn about whats going on the world constantly.

• A common opinion is that being educated, makes all of that persons opinions count for more than the opinions of anyone else. Even when those opinions have nothing to do with the type of education they receive. Most of the time it is nothing but snobbery.

• Well with many things, it does mean that. People who aren't educated on politics shouldn't form opinions without FOLLOWING politics. They just make made up facts that aren't true. NPR and politics news (that isn't biased) is a best way to learn politics. If they're just stating things that have no factual significance, their opinion holds no weight.

• Could be but it's impossible to know unless you took a peak into his brain but from what you wrote it does seem he is indeed interested in you.

• I think men who also have strong opinions like that kind of woman.