Tips on how to START dating a guy who lives in a different state?

I've met this guy in person before, and he comes back to visit this state frequently cause he only lives about 10 hours away (by driving) and his friends live over here. We both seem super attracted to eachother, but I don't know if he is just sexually attracted to me or if he could potentially be intersted.. anyways, how do I start dating a guy in a different state?

What should I do? Text him often?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• As a girl who has been in a few long distance relationships, I have to say, good luck, girl! You definitely have your work cut out for you, but I assure you it definitely is possible. You can make it work as long as both of you make the effort, but since you guys are not actually together yet, you don't really have to worry about that. I just want you to keep that in mind for future reference if you guys start dating.

Anyways, as for your question, I would text him, but judging on how he responds, I would vary on how often you text him. I wouldn't text too often until you know for sure he is interested: he texts you consistently, says he enjoys your conversations, and/or conveys that he is interested in you. However, do not panic if he doesn't respond to you quickly, as long as he mostly responds to you within 24 hours, he most likely is interested; he is just busy. Just wait for him to text you back, and try not to send multiple texts if he doesn't reply to the first one you sent... You should try talking on the phone too.

Sorry for the long response, but I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. I wish you the best! :)

• Thanks a lot! I actually love long responses :) I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Last time we talked I was being a little forward about my interest, but he seemed to dig it and responded fairly quickly. So I'll text him in a week or so and see how it goes.

• Oooo, I love it! The season of love and endless possibilities is approaching \(^0^)/~! (hahaha sorry, my idealist romantic is showing again *sparta kicks out of the way* (^-^; ) ) You're welcome, and yes, you should definitely text him ^^ haha that is if he doesn't already text you first :3 I'm happy that things are going well for you, and I hope that things further between the both of you :)

• Have a great day! ^^