Guys, My girlfriend likes country music and it makes me want to stab myself in the ears. What can I do?

So my girlfriend loves country music, whenever we're in her car that's all she ever listens to and it drives me bananas. I've tried changing it and telling her how painfully awful it is but she just doesn't care. I'm putting this in the dating section for now because I really like the broad but it's edging towards the "Break up & Divorce" section pretty quick given how much a freaking hate country music. Any ideas? I'm even open to some shady ideas; like I tossed around the idea of making a frequency disrupter that just wrecks the spectrum that her radio broadcasts on.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a deal breaker to me. Country = barf.

What Guys Said 4

• Threaten to dump her. That music is indoctrination into a lifestyle that promotes cheating, lying, and abusing each other in relationships like it's what relationships are supposed to be. It's damaging to intellectualism and damaging to individuals.

• Guess I should elaborate on the girlfriend part; more of a long term (difficult to part with) girl. As in we have three children together. With that being said I think I'm just going to have to suck it up right? If I dump this broad because of her taste in music while we have three kids together I'll probably come out looking like a real dirtbag. But I swear I hate country music so much that the thought of leaving has actually crossed my mind.

• Again, the music is literally indoctrination into a trashy and degenerate lifestyle. Tell her to find something else to listen to or you'll leave her and take the kids.

• Damn, that bad huh? Do you two even have any common music interest?

• Negative; no common music interest at all. She likes the super hillbilly country too. It's 2015 and we live in Tampa; about as far as you can get from ho downs and tractors.

• Lol well you're fucked and I use to live in Tampa

• Well... personally I wouldn't break up with her over that, but if you feel like it, go ahead.

I dunno man. Maybe suggest listening to something you both like.

• Break up with her. Country music is imperfect and I would never date someone who likes country music.