I have had cancer twice , once in my neck then again in my eye ( cancer runs in my family). Would you marry someone who had cancer?

Would you marry someone who has had cancer, even though there is a 50/50 chance the the baby could have cancer? I really do want kids when I'm married?

• No
  • Yes
  • I would have to think it over
  • We could adopt
I was just wondering because, I know what it's like to be a child with cancer ; I would never want my (relative , friend , coworker etc to have to go through what me and billions of people go through. I guess the whole reason I asked is because if nobody would want to take a chance then I guess I would end up being a doctor for cancer patients

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly? I don't know. My best friend was diagnosed with leukemia when we were in 9th grade, and even though he is in remission today, it is not something I think I would want to go through twice.

I know that I shouldn't even be trying to make that remotely about myself, because I know how I felt is nothing compared to what they went through, but the fact is that it was awful to spend 5 years wondering if my 14 year old friend was going to live. I don't know if I could handle that with someone I was romantically involved with.

Most Helpful Girl

• if I loved the person then yes. besides that's not really how cancer works - it's probably not actually a 50/50 chance of your kids having cancer, it's probably a lower chance than that. Cancer isn't usually passed down directly like that, but it does depend on how you carry it in your genes I suppose.

• Everyone in my dads side had it , my dad never had it. It is genetic I had lymphoma, look it up

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I would, jt would have no impact on what I thought about that person. As far as kids, that is something that can be decided anytime, not a big deal.

• Yes I would, but I'd make it clear I don't wanna have kids, as I don't like that 50/50 odds

• Yes I would but I'm a natural gambler and have bet a lot more on a lot worse odds and I really hope you make it

What Girls Said 4

• If I found out my boyfriend had cancer or that it ran in his family I would still marry him. I would still want children as well :/

• That is so awesome , some people would run away and think omg he/she is sick and just leave. I know from experience

• That sucks :/ I just couldn't imagine leaving my boyfriend, I plan on being with him forever (and before anyone gets weird, yeah he feels the same and we talk about saving and getting married and having kids and all that lol)

• Your post me sad 😔😖
    Wish you the best

• if we were both great together i would marry you but i think i would push to adopt because as much as it is my dream to have a child (like actually concieve it) I just couldnt do that to my kid. It doesn't make you any less of a desirable person though :) and by the way i would like our wedding to be in the summer!

• Of course!! But, I do think that I would want to adopt so as not to risk it, I couldn't bear to have a kid knowing that there's a 50/50 chance (s) he will have cancer.

I wish you the best of luck in your recovery by the way. :)