I'm 19 and he's 16. Is that bad? Illegal? What are the rules for this?

Started to fall for a co-worker who's 16 and I'm 19. I'm pretty sure he is into me too. But I don't know what the rules or whatever are.

• Totally chill/no worries
  • Step away/just friends

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was the other way around everyone would go ape shit. 😂
    Especially if you guys have sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• I said A. Look up your states consent laws though so you don't get into any problems! For example, I'm in Louisiana and I'm 18. My boyfriend is newly 17 and we can do whatever we want because the age of consent in Louisiana is 17. Some states the age of consent is 16, some 17, and some 18. Also, in most states you can date, kiss, hold hands, etc... You just can't have sex or oral until they are the age of consent. Some states have like 2 year or 3 years clauses though, that say if the underage person does it with someone no more than 2 or 3 years older, there are no problems. But, morally, I see nothing wrong being attracted and dating a younger guy. :) make sure when you look up the laws it's a. gov or maybe. org website though, as to get correct information!

What Guys Said 13

• No one cares cause a girl is the older one...
    Now if it was a an older guy, he would have to worry about pissing the girl off, if he did that she could press all types of charges

• B. Do yourself a favour and stay friends for 2 more years. Just read the comments (Too many teen fantasies up in here) If you really 'like' him get to know him. This relationship could make him a decent guy or turn him into an asshole (Personal experience) depending on how you approach this. And on a side note; No, I don't care how many down vote this...

• because the elder is a woman dating an under age kid every one will just think 'lucky lad'...

• Half your age plus seven, that's the rule.

• If it is legal in your country, then go for it.

If not, wait 2 years.

• its okay to date but not okay to do anything sexually. Usually dating leads to sex so i would wait till you're old enough.

• Nice go for it

• Depending on your state there is something called a Romeo and Juliet law that protects you in that situation.

• He'll feel lucky to be with you when I was his age I fantasized about older women a lot...

• ilike the girls more old than me

• That would make it illegal, where I live

• If you plan to be sexually intimate with him, read this first:

www.legalmatch.com/.../...of-consent-by-state.html

• I don't want to have sec with him. I just want to like him and maybe go on dates?

• It's totally fine! It's only 3 years difference. I'm not sure what the law says but it doesn't matter, there are some stupid laws that are meant to be ignored

What Girls Said 5

• He sounds like a great guy, however know that it is illegal to become sexual with him for the next couple years.

Good luck.

• There is nothing legally wrong age-wise with dating him (though some people might think it strange for you to be dating a high school guy), however, should your relationship become more physical, you need to be sure of the way the age of consent works in your area. On the the other hand, because you are coworkers, your employer may have rules about dating coworkers.

• First where you live? in Canada there a 5 year limit for 16 years old meaning they can be with someone who up to five years older. Just a google search can be a big benefit to see in where you live.

• Tf just be friends and search for a man girl we don't need to date boys especially when they're younger than us be moree matureee

• Please be careful! I knew a girl your age who went to jail for "dating" a guy under 18. It's illegal in all 50 states whether your male or female.

• It's actually not illegal in all states.

Here in Florida it's only illegal if the minor is under 16 and/or the adult is 24+. A 19 year old and a 16 year old is perfectly fine here, provided both parties consent.