Summer romances... always a regret because they don't last, or amazing memories that you wouldn't trade for anything?

• Amazing memories
  • Only lead to inevitable heartache
  • Never had one, never will
  • Would try it if the right one came along
Most romances and relationships don't last forever, due to a variety of circumstances. I have some fantastic, bittersweet memories. The saying goodbye part is awkward and hard, and there was always a little heartache involved; but now, looking back years later, I wouldn't have traded those memories for anything. I ran into one of my summer flings from 20 years ago a few weeks ago, and we shared a few laughs along with a friendly hig and kiss on the cheek. I am so glad now that I took the chance!

Most Helpful Guy

• I met this girl years ago at a summer camp. The first year I didn't crush on her, but the second and the third I did. She's still the most amazing girl I've ever met. I've never loved any girl, but I was close to loving her. I sure would never trade a second of those memories, even the fights.
    We never actually had anything going, we liked each other, but it was more of a "I want to, but I know we shouldn't" kind of thing. But my only regret was never kissing her :( If I would go back I'd kiss her and never let go...

Most Helpful Girl

• I love your question!

I have had one holiday romance, it was heartbreaking when it came to an end, but the short - term pain of knowing it wouldn't last is worth all of the happy memories i have now

• Thanks for the MHO 💞💐

What Guys Said 4

• fun memories but also a bit of a heartbreak

• fun memories to reflect on

• Amazing memories! I had the best summmer ever

• Never understood the allure of summer romances, seem silly to me

What Girls Said 3

• I'm a college freshman. This past summer (summer of senior year) I fell for a boy who was younger than me in my high school. This summer was so worth it, and it ended up lasting though we both thought it wouldn't. I ended up at a school only 30 minutes away for college, and I've seen him every weekend. So, summer romances are with it as you never know how it will go for sure.

• I'd never trade those memories for anything, it was sweet and amazing but no doubt there's regrets to it, on my part. I wish I could turn back time and go back to this January, best time of my life ever.

• i think every girl along with myself is a sucker for a nicholas sparks summer romance but we are just in denial to their inevitable end that leads to heartbreak