Are we dating? How do I ask her out?

I've been good friends with this girl for months and we've been hanging out, doing fun stuff. She called me one night and told me she likes me and we we next meet up after a movie we kissed. That was 4 weeks ago and we've been "hanging" out on weekends and a party, kissing every so often, which is really nice :) but I haven't actually asked her out? and neither of are sure wether we are technically girlfriend boyfriend (she introduced me to her friends at a party as "this is my ummm errr" then kissed me). So what are we? and should I ask her out? how? over the phone or next time we see each other? (we only see each other on the weekend) what do I say? (first girlfriend by the way.. I'm 18..) :)

I asked her if she wanted to go see a movie this weekend, she came straight out with "Are we even dating? or am I some girl you just see once in a while?" I said we haven't talked about it so i wasn't sure, but I would like to say yes.. She hasn't replied all day, even though we have msged a few little things between.. help

Most Helpful Girl

• you guys are "dating" but not in a relationship yet, i'd say. definitely ask her out in person. you obviously like each other and i'm sure she wants you to ask her out, she just doesn't wanna do it herself! be confident and i think it'll go over smoothly. just say something like "do you want to be my girlfriend?" or "do you want to be official?" sometihng like that. lol add a cute twist to it. I don't know how to ask someone out really :'(. you guys should hang out and do something cute together and ask her then when it feels right! good luck :D

• thanks for MH! :) did she ever answer you?

• Nope, I haven't seen her yet :( Usually we meet up on weekends because we dont go to the same school or live near each other but I haven't seen her for 2 weeks :( hopefully meet up and ask her face to face this weekend :)

• aw <3 yeah i hope you get to see her this weekend! thats exciting!!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Ask her to go the movies or something else you both would be interested in. You could also invite her out to happy hour at a bar you both enjoy. Try to make it original.

You might say; "I heard about this movie, what do you think about it?"
    If she says she thinks it looks good, ask her if she'd like to go with you to see it. If she asks "As in a date?" say yes.
    Girls like guys who are sure of themselves much better than they do the cowardly guys.

Good luck.

• It seems like you two are in the dating phase. Congratz <3

If you want to make it official then ask her in person to be your girlfriend. That would be more appropriate and cute.

What Guys Said 0