Today's her birthday! I bought a gift for her, should I give it?

I like her. She says she doesn't have any boyfriend but she's very close with her ex. She considers him her bestfriend, she says. Today is her birthday. I wished her happy birthday but she didn't reply like for 10 mins. After that she did and I asked her who else wished. She said her ex (earlier than I did :p). He wrote an essay for her which seems to me she's very pleased and happy about. She said they're gonna meet tomorrow. There are currently texting, maybe that's why she's not replying me that much. I don't know if they're secretly dating or not.

I bought a doreamon teddy bear (cause she watches doraemon sometimes :p) and some 8-10 Maybelline nail paints (she loves painting nails). I'm wondering if I should give it to her? Does it seem too much to give as a friend? I'm actually a little upset that she's meeting her ex, cause you know, he might shower her with gifts and whatnot and I will be waiting in class with a teddybear and some nail paints : I don't know what to do. I'm a little upset but I will get over it. I just need to figure out what's the right thing to do here. Anyone please? Thanks!

Any ladies wanna help? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• yes you should.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't know how much all of this cost, but it seems a bit much. Perhaps just the bear but not the polish - especially ten bottles of it.

• My friend was with me too. He too said that I spent too much :/ Thing is I wanted to, I didn't care about the cost. Is the nail paints too much? Should I not give it? If so, what am I gonna do with it? :p

• Anything else I can add that won't make her feel guilty or something? Like a card with something written in it? If so, what can I write? Something like "Don't think too much xD. We're good friends B :)"

• Dude bro... I think you are trying to hard. IT seems she likes the other guy. So... your job is to play it a bit cool. Give her the bear and just tell her that you hope she has a great day. And for the moment leave it alone. In a few days you can ask her how her b-day went and what she did. At this point you GO SLOW.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Too much, ditch the finger nail stuff. You give her the bear only if you are ready to declare your interest in her as more than a friend and then be prepared for the aftermath. It sounds like the two of the still have more than just a platonic friendship so you might have a lot of awkwardness on your hands, but at some point you have to shit or get off the pot.