Guys, How do I know if he is really into me?

I am 41 and met this guy three years ago who showed some interest. He is 54 years;lost his wife to cancer 10 years ago has a teenage daughter. It took him a year before he asked me out and another year before we became intimate. He calls me once a week and we meet up once/twice a month. His face brightens up when Im with him and I really enjoy his company. I have met his family and they all love me to bits...

Yet something doesn't feel right. Im not sure what a relationship should look like but when we are not together; its almost as thought I dont exist! I have tried to break up with him a few times but he always tells me he loves me and doesn't want to loose me...

I'm confused... is the age gap too big? is he just using me for sex? is it because of the different race? is he scared of committment?
Any advise from the guys

Thank you for your response! I have this conversation with him and he says his not ready for a commitment and that he loves me. He claims he is just really busy with his child and work... I know this is all excuses.. I mixed between the fact that maybe he is afraid of commitment or is seeing someone or is waiting for that perfect person whilst having me on the back burner... What do you think it is?

1

What Guys Said 1

• After ten years it is not the loss of his wife that is the issue. It is something else. It seems that he does not want the commitment for some reason. You do what you want to do, and he is doing something else.

My advice is that it is time for the talk. Neither of you are getting younger (i am there too) and either he needs to see if there is a future or let you move on. IT is that simple.