Long distance. Is it a relationship?

I moved countries 3 years ago (now aged 18), but still talk to my best friend (male) which is my ex from when we were about 13. We are very close, our relationship is very romantic and like we are a couple. I am going to spend 3 weeks with him in a few months and we just had the talk about what we are. He said we are an item and a couple, but not in a relationship because he's not ready for that.
He tells me he loves me and we talk about our future together.
what does being an item consist of in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• When someone say's we're an item that is just another way of saying we are a couple, as in we're together. But at the same time that doesn't really make sense because you can't really be a couple if your not in a relationship.

Also your not really a couple unless you consent to it as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not a relationship.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Item/couple/in a relationship are all the same to me. Not sure where his intentions are. You'll have to ask him.

• Seriously... Sounds like his excuse for being able to fuck other girls and being able to fuck you for three weeks, because then you go away. Don't be blind.