Can women be friendzoned?

What are the most common reasons that lead to a woman being friendzoned, in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, its just much less common.

Same reason - the guy doesn't find her attractive enough to date.

Men seem less interested in platonic female friends than women are in platonic male friends, so she tends to need an unusually good personality.

On the flip side, guys are more willing than women to have random sex with women they aren't that attracted to, which is why the typical equivalent of the friendzone for women is actually the 'fwb only' zone.

There are a few more scenarios that could lead to it, but looks (often weight) is the most common.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it definitely happens. And sometimes to fairly average girls and not just ugly and mean ones, from what I've seen. My experience seemed to be fairly common, but I grew up in a small town, too.

I'm not pretty or mean but average in all ways and had a good body then from playing sports, but have a couple of hot friends, so I would sometimes get so-called "friend zoned" by guys who wanted to be with one of them. Not many guys try to sleep with best friends or cousins (I also have many cousins) so things stayed casual. My best friend is very beautiful, so I got used to it.

I've also known a few other girls who particular guys were just friends with because they grew up very closely together and seemed to be more like siblings or cousins.

I've also seen it when a guy has a girlfriend and a girl may like him and he is friends with her, but wants to stay with his girlfriend.

Etc.

What Guys Said 27

• Yup. Why? Simply just not interested in them for whatever reasons. They could be boring, not ideal attractiveness, a lot of factors really.

• Yes women can be friendzoned. I have friendzoned women before. I would say the main reasons women get friendzoned is if the woman has a poor personality and if the guy is not attracted to her looks at all.

• Yes but very rarely. Most guys don't have high standards for women, and will give a woman a shot and stick with her even if her personality sucks.

• Women become friendzone when they intimidate a guy
    it can be many things from saying she is dating a guy,
    saying she is married , failing to tell a guy she's married
    but separated from the guy. Some guys just friendzone you
    and keep their distance cause they don't want get hurt ,

• They're more likely to be fuckzoned

• Absolutely, I have many female friends. The reasons vary; usually there's too much of an age gap or our personalities aren't compatible for dating.

• Usually it's because we don't find them attractive enough, physically and/or personality-wise.

So basically for the same reasons women friendzone men.

• I guess they can but personally if I have no interest in them friendship is outta the question lol xD

• Yes absolutely. But I think they more often find themselves in the fuckzone. Where the guy only looks for or provides intimacy with her and doesn't commit in any other way.

• Sure they can I've friend zoned a couple of them.

• Yes they can and for the same reasons guys get in the friendzone.

• Yes, if a guy has too many girls on his plate he is trying to form a relationship with

• absolutely, i have done that before.

• If I like her but I'm currently interested in another girl.

• Yes definitely.

• Friendzone doesn't exist.

• I have a famale friend who is in the friendzone with some guy

• this word shoudl be outlawed... lol.

• yeah ofcourse they could be... I've sisterzoned many fat chicks

• Ugly chicks can be... pretty and average looking girls have no concept of friendzone.

• of course they can. whats the reasoning behind this question. i've friendzoned a gazillion women and've been friendzoned by almost none.

• In my personal opinion, I'd say it's a girl expecting the guy to do everything. I see girls here talking about getting friendzoned, and every single of them that I've seen admits that yes, they expect the guy to do all the work, and approach her, and go through all the usual steps. This is usually accompanied by a few guys talking about how guys these days are sisses when it comes to approaching girls, not realizing that a girl is always welcome to approach a guy and ask him out if she feels like it. You can't complain about how a guy doesn't like you if you won't ask him out yourself and you insist that he clings to an expected stereotypical role.

• LOL yes, women can be friendzoned. The reasons are the same as they are for guys. Lack of sexual attraction is far and away number one. I've had lots of girls try to get close to me who ended up in the friend zone, and usually I just wasn't physically attracted to them. A few showed what lowlifes they were and thus ended their chances, but they were the exceptions.

• Yes, they can be and if it happens then mostly its either because he finds her physically unattractive or because of social boundaries (e. g. age)

• She's unattractive, either in body or behavior.

• Guy likes another girl, guy isn't attracted, guy's friend liked you first... so many reasons :P

• Mainly because she's ugly.

What Girls Said 20

• Yes, but it's much more rare.

To be friendzoned, you would have to ask someone out. And women don't do that very often at all.

• Same way guys get "friendzoned"; the guy doesn't see the girl as a potential partner because he can only view her in a platonic way. It happens to everybody.

• Probably if he's not attracted to her or her personality really stinks.

• Absolutely. But being friendzoned is a good thing.

• Is what ways is it a good thing? What if you really liked the guy who friendzoned you?

• i agree, plus you never know things might change.

• That's the truth

• I don't really believe the friend zone exists, but anyone can be "friend-zoned" and it would most likely be because the guy isn't attracted to them.

• Same reason girls 'friendzone' guys. Come on we're not completely aliens XD

• Yes. Been there. He just didn't see me that way (said I was like a sister to him). We remained friends and he is to this day one of my best friends ever. Thankfully, the feelings went away over time and now I can't see him as anything but a brother.

• Oh, sweetie, I'm there and have been twice by the same guy. Dreadful, simply dreadful. I think he friend-zoned me in the "looks" department because I have a very pixie haircut but otherwise, I know he's extremely attracted to my personality.

Just letting you that you're not alone!

• I've not been friend zoned lol I'm just curious.

• Definitely try to avoid it at all costs! ;)

• They don't find them attractive/anymore.

• I get friendzoned all the time. It's comfortable here.

• Cz guy just sees you as a friend and not a compatible partner or he already has a girl or he is homosexual it is so simple yayyyy

• Of course women can be friendzoned. The most common reason obviously, is the guy doesn't feel attraction for her. It sounds vague, but I can't think of any particular reason.

• Of course they can! The same reasons guys get friend zone; he's just not that into you or values your friendship more.

• Umm same reasons as the dudes? xD

• Happened to me numerous times. Can't tell you why, you'd have to ask them.

• Yep, they sure can. It's happened to me. I had a crush on this guy. He said he liked me, but only as a friend and dated other women. But he totally friendzoned me. He wasn't mean about it, and is a nice guy so I appreciate the friendship at least.

• Yes we get friend zoned but guys are the ones who bitch and moan about it because they can not handle rejection

• I liked a guy and we had loads of similar interests and stuff: music, TV, books etc. We could talk for ages, and I thought he liked me.
    But I think he went out with his girlfriend because he didn't see me that way. I'm not an expert on knowing when a guy likes me or not.
    Maybe it was because she was a lot more feminine than I am. She was almost dainty in comparison. I'm not fat, I'm slim but lean, I have some muscle, not a lot. She didn't, she was thinner than me. I put it down to that as the reason I was friendzoned. I was sad, but I accepted I was there.

For other women it could be that their personalities aren't up to par. They're too shallow, clingy, something that the guy doesn't like in a possible girlfriend. Or he isn't attracted to her and sees her as one of the guys.

• No because the friendzone is a made up load of shit to make people feel better about themselves when being rejected.

If someone don't wanna date you it means they don't find you attractive enough. It has nothing to do with made up zones.

• Agreed , I've NEVER been in the " Zone " , I simply cut off & walk away... permanently !!

• I've been friendzoned before, it was quite funny actually. But basically because I wasn't his type was all