Guys, how much do looks matter to you when hooking up vs something more serious?

Are you less concerned about how the girl looks when you know you won't pursue anything long-term with her?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I only pursue long term and I can honestly say looks are a huge factor for me, don't get me wrong personality is needed too but if I'm spending my days with a girl she needs to have a pretty face and be slender :) I don't do hookups or quick garbage I think that's immature and a waste of time, however I have known guys who do lower standards at like a party knowing there (probably) won't be any bad ramifications of it since they won't see each other afterwards.

What Guys Said 25

• When guys are looking for a more serious relationship they want a girl with a great personality. He is more likely to reject a girl that has a bad personality even if she is really good looking. You have nothing to worry about in the way of looks anyway because you are pretty. :)

• When I want a hookup I want the hottest girl. I could go with an above average one if she shows me she can be a freak, but I will always go for the hottest one.
    When it comes to relationship, I want the most attractive one too, but I will put way more emphasis on her personality, so I will choose depending on that, not on who the hottest one is

• So, a girlfriend is 'attractive', while a hookup is 'hot'? What's the difference?

• Well, I used them as smilies, I said hot several times so I didn't wanna repeat myself again, but hot usually is just talking about her body, while attractive is usually referring to face, which is more important than body when looking for a relationship.

• For hookups guys generally have lower standards for looks and zero standards for personality

www.m.webmd.com/.../promiscuity-differs-by-gender

• Hooking up is primarily about looks, which is why I never plan on hooking up.

In a real relationship, looks are still important, but personality is huge because you plan on spending a long time with this person. In a hookup, you don't have to worry about personality because you're spending one or two days with them. In fact, personality has only the shallowest effect on hookups because in that short time, there is no way you can get to know someone any better than surface-level.

• Looks matter a lot in all the above. Physical attraction is just key, especially initially, it's not shallow, it's just how God made us.

• Lol I have been on adult friend finder and some other adult sites and let me tell you the truth... looks DoNT matter. Ask girl from caiglists adds or dating sites etc. it doesn't matter what the girl looks like, if she is free and willing, guy won't bother. I see it so often in the bdsm scene too.

• I would never do anything with a girl ABOVE 4/10 on the ''Beauty Scale''.

• I'd only date a girl I rate about a 7.5, but I'd probably have sex with a 6 or greater.

• If I'm not mistaken, regardless of whether it's hooking up or something more serious, looks do have some importance to guys - some more than others.

• Attraction is attraction. I would not sleep with someone I find ugly.

• Looks are all that matter because girls suck and you won't find one who's a good person. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and finding a girl who is cool on the inside

Let KT Tatara explain it
    youtube. com/watch? v=5oyrG3PcgLk

• Looks matter anyway, but if there's only physical attraction and we have nothing in common and have bland conversations then I only see hookup potential. Not that I'm trying to use women that way but realistically that's all I see out of it.

• We all want the hot girl but when hooking up we tend to go for anything really. Everyone wants a pretty wife though

• Hooking up is all about looks and an actual relationship is 90% personality and 10% looks.

• looks matter all the time.

i'm being honest.

if i'm going to be attracted to a girl, then she'll have to attractive in the first place.

• looks shouldn't matter whether you want a short term relationship or a long term relationship. even if the person is not the most attractive of people, over time they will be the most beautiful person you know

• hooking up is about the tolerance you'll have for looks...

somethin' more serious , means you're more serious about their looks.

• If i want a hook up looks are a big factor

• Smell is more important than looks for a one-time hookup. Wash that thang.

• None to me

• looks don't matter but i think that every women is beautiful :)

• I am not into the hooking up lifestyle. What I look for in someone is intelligence, personality, and attractiveness. Now a woman may be considered a 5/10 with looks, but if she is intelligent and has a good personality then I will think of her as the most incredible woman on the planet and will look at her as a 10/10.

• much less than you would think for me. its so hard to find a good human being... .

• They always matter to me and it's my number 1 criteria.

• Studies and observation suggest men drop physical standards for short term relationships, while women raise them.