Guys, would you leave your girlfriend if you found out she has depression?

• Yes
    8% (3)
  • No
    66% (25)
  • It depends on the situation
    26% (10)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

18

Most Helpful Guy

• NO WAY! My crush/girlfriend/notreallysure has depression and anxiety and we've been sorta dating for a few weeks now, but recently she has been brushing off my conversations with her, she never truly answers when I ask how she is, she won't talk about her feelings with me, but I am her for her and I want to let her know that? I have told her that I will be there for her but she still won't talk about how she feels. But I'm not going to leave her. Her anxiety tells her otherwise and because of this she tries to break it off with me sometimes when she is feeling really low, mainly because she doesn't want to hurt me with her emotional state. but I wouldn't leave her.

What Guys Said 17

• Leave her and add onto her depression even more? No thanks. I will tough it out with her.

• I'd try to help her.

• no way, if she has depression you should spend as much time with her as possible and cheer her up every chance you get

• Depends on the severity and/or if she's getting it treated.

If it's mild, or she's not suicidal, then no I would not leave her because I have depression too.

If it's severe, or she IS suicidal, then yes I would leave her. My ex had severe depression, among other things, and my relationship with her was hell.

• How long have we been dating?

• No, I found out my ex had depression, so I built her a website/app that had positive quotes and pictures.

• That depends on the situation option sounded sketchy so I pretended it didn't exist.

If, however, the situation is that you're not actually into her, then you should leave her but do so carefully and remain a very very close friend, also ensure that she talks to you about how she is feeling.

• Not at all. I am on meds myself. Mine are more for rage/anger than depression, but they are still anti-depressants.

• No i would never consider leaving her. She would need love and support, leaving her would just make it a whole lot worse. I'd want to help her through it.

• No but if she eventually retreated so far away and wouldn't respond to me or my efforts to help her, then I would.

• If she's a girlfriend, most of the time I would say no. But it depends on the situation. If she was my wife, then absolutely NOT!!! I would never leave my wife. I take "in sickness and in health" very seriously. This includes depression.

• of course not!
    if you love that person then you should try to help her and not leave her because of it <_<

• Why not help? I may have something she hates too.
    I voted no.

• no, he's a dope.

• Leave her in a tough time, not at all. Besides relationships r for helping each other in difficulty.

• No. That would be hypocritical of me.

• No. I've dealt with mentally unstable before. I'd help her.