I think I have feelings for my guy best friend. What do I do?

My guy best friend and I have known each other for 8 years. We are now 19. We've been absolute best friends for the past year and a half. We see each other every day, have deep talks a lot, have inside jokes. He knows me better than anyone. We study the same thing at university so I can't distance myself from him. We get ice cream like 4 times a week on top of hanging out at our houses or studying. He has said to me that I'm like a sister to him. We talk a lot about the futures that we want for ourselves. I developed feelings for him last year and it's just kind of escalated from then. Strangers assume we're dating and our friends think that we should date. We have never talked about it though. I really don't know what to do. I feel like we have too much of a great friendship to lose but in saying that, I don't want to miss out on something even better. I'm about 92% sure he doesn't have romantic feelings for me. Does anyone have any advice? :)

What Guys Said 1

• "He has said to me that I'm like a sister to him. "

^oh there u go... if he's seein u as his sis as he said... then chances for him to develop feelings r ultra-low... ;)

"We talk a lot about the futures that we want for ourselves. I developed feelings for him last year and it's just kind of escalated from then."

^keep in mind this might detroy yer friendship... so i believe it's better to tone down yer feelings in my opinion... ;)

"Strangers assume we're dating and our friends think that we should date. "

^since they see u so often together... ;)

"We have never talked about it though. I really don't know what to do. I feel like we have too much of a great friendship to lose but in saying that, I don't want to miss out on something even better. I'm about 92% sure he doesn't have romantic feelings for me"

^boost it to 99.9% better... he said after all he's seein u as his sis... but if u don't wanna lose yer friendship... guess u should try to tone down yer feelings better... :)

What Girls Said 0