His online dating profile is still active?

My ex and I decided after 3 months apart that we want each other back in our lives and worked on ourselves with time apart. We are taking this slow and NOT jumping into a relationship because it would be too easy to fall into all ways so soon. Instead of developing something new.

I agree with all of that... where I am stuck is we aren't exclusive, he said that is basically a relationship but that it's not like he's been with anyone else. He said he doesn't even want to think about me doing that with someone else. My feelings are It is an unspoken understanding, In agreeing to be exclusive, we're basically saying, 'I like you and want to see if this continues to be good, so I won't do anything with anyone else that could mess this up, but officially calling you my girlfriend/boyfriendis a little too much at this point.

We are not intimant with each other right now... we are taking things slow. He's put me off a bit because he still checks his online dating profile. (That's even how we met :) ) We aren't in a relationship, we are dating, so he can do whatever he wants. I feel why would he do something that could alter us moving forward and developing something new together. It makes me nervous.

Oh darn! Sorry guys I forgot to put in the first time we dated after our 2nd date he took his profile down. No questions asked. No official relationship yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is keeping his options open by keeping his profile up. It's his way of basically saying he wants to see what else is out there while seeing you. You need to decide if you're OK with that.

• I'm confused because why would he want to keep his options open if we're trying to move this forward? Maybe it's just me :(

• @Asker

I'm sorry but you deserve TONS better.. You are right if he wants to move forward then I don't see why he would be interested in seeing what is out there. He should be focused on you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I guess you just need to wait and see what happens next. Kinda sounds all over the place atm. Don't be nervous you are dating, so why can't he talk to other girls?

• If he talks to other girls then why work on building something new together? If another girl came into play with our history would be very hard.

• Because you will have a different aspect to the relationship. You've already had the relationship aspect. Try to be a friend too. This is what I'm trying to say

• His foot is out the door. He wants to keep his options open. You can either do the same or leave

• I agree with you. My concern is why is he keeping his options open if we are trying to build something new? We have a history together and if another girl came into play it would be done.

• He isn't serious about you and giving this his best shot. I just feel like he's not as committed to making it work. It's almost like you're in this alone you know? That's not fair to you.