Guys, Do I just need to move on?

Okay, so I've known this guy for a little less than a year. Lately, he's been flirting with me and being more friendly than usual. All of our friends had a bet going that he liked me. Last night I decided to be bold and I told him that I liked him. He responded with, "You're awesome and I'm flattered but I just don't think it would be a good idea. I do think you're a cool person but I don't think you and I would be a good option. And work doesn't really facilitate a positive environment for a relationship." I don't understand why we're not a "good idea/good option" I know his last breakup was really bad and he got really hurt from it. What do you think? Maybe I'm just reading way into things. I think if he just told me that he only saw me as a friend and wasn't interested, it would be easier to move on.

2

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, you need to move on. It's pretty clear that he is not interested romantically with you. Besides, workplace romances are a HUGE HUGE risk anyway.

• Yes, move on. He's not interested in you that way. He may not have verbalized it the way you would have preferred, but that's the message he's sending.