Is it normal to like someone you're not physically attracted to? Is it worth ask her out?

I met this girl about 1 year ago and we became good friends. I've started developing feelings for her because we see each other eveyday and we talk almost everyday because we work in the same building. She's really nice and sweet to me and she flirts a lot with me so i guess she kinda likes me as well.

The thing is she's not my type physically. She's not ugly but she's not attractive either. She look cute sometimes depending on what she's wearing but still i don't think she's pretty. My ex girlfriend is really hot so maybe that's why i don't find this girl attractive enough.

She does have an great personality though and she's the only girl right now that actually pays attentions to me and cares about me. I do think about her a lot and miss her so i guess i do like her.

I know looks aren't everything but i've never been in a situation like this so i don't know if that's going to be a problem or not if i get in a relationship with her. I really don't want to hurt her feelings.

Should i go ahead and ask her out or is it a waste of time?
Will i eventually start liking her physically?

• Ask her out
  • Get over her, it will never work

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks aren't everything, however, for a relationship to work you would have to be attracted to her physically too because otherwise your sex life is gonna get real bad. Its fine if you are both asexual, but if you're not then, sorry, don't keep your hopes up that you'll start liking her physically.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless she works on her appearance (if that is even possible), you will not start to like her physically. I really doubt that. As to whether it can still work, no idea. I was in a similar situation once with my first girlfriend. The problem was once it got a bit rougher I did not even mind the relationship falling apart. I did not even try to safe our relationship because I was kinda glad to finally have a way out, without having to tell her I didn't find her that attractive. So from my experience I don't think it will work.

What Girls Said 6

• Absolutely because you find her attractive to another degree than just physically or on the outside and I think that that's beautiful because often people only go after looks but yet they have no connection or feelings for them other then physically but you can see a person for who they are and that's special.

• İ do not think it will work for you. When it begins you have to have that attraction. It does not have to be super intense but it has to be there.

• If you don't find her attractive at this stage already, give up

I mean most people dont have to be models for you to fall in love with them, but you should be able to feel some degree of attraction.

I say meh

• and when i see attraction: it is all. personality and looks both should attract you. even if the person hasn't the usual kind of beaurty, she should be ebauty in your eyes and by the way u describe her she seems like she is just a very good friend to you.

wait for a love that will attract u body and soul

• im not attractive either but people be coming at me left and right

• You have to be sexually attracted to someone to be with them. I think right now you're just wanting a relationship so bad, and so you're willing to go for a girl just because you get along with her. I think later on this will blow up in your face and both of you will end up hurt. You can't mistake friendship for love if there is no sexual attraction there.

• Leave her alone.

Yes, it's kind of shadow but that's you. Eventually you will get bored and she will get hurt.

If you care about her don't pursue anything.

Probably she will find someone who will find her attractive and really nice.

What Guys Said 4

• bottom line, if you like her then you like her. however you proceed after you realize you have those feelings is completely up to you.

• She'll never get you going enough sexually

• i currently like a girl that is not the best appealing, i don't believe anyone should care about how someone looks. you will come to think she is beautiful over time, that is how these things work

• Ask her out, OR MOVE ON!