How long would you wait before asking someone on a date?

Two scenarios:
1. How long would you wait before asking someone on a date that you met in person? (just met, hadn't been friends prior and maybe you met through mutual friends or at the mall)
2. How long would you wait before asking someone on a date that you met online? (both know what each other look like and talk all the time through text, you can feel there is a connection there)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would only know the answer to your first question. Don't wait to long to ask her out. When you feel the time is right to ask her, ask her. But if you wait to long she'll friend zone you, but at the same time don't just ask her. Talk to her for a while

• Well I'm a straight female so I will just replace all of the hers with hims lol

• Oh shit my bad I didn't realize I did that

• It's okay lmao

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Probably within a few days of meeting.
    2. Same as above. As soon as we've been chatting for a week or so then I'd be ready to meet them in person.

What Guys Said 5

• First of all listen to me,
    Meeting a person in real versus meeting a person online are two extremely different things...
    1. I would ask instantly, if i were to never see u again, but again it depends on nature,
    if i am shy, i will never ask u ever
    2. i dont know, haven't done online dating coz all my friends who dated online, ended up crying becoz online rarely works out unless u meet in person.

• 1. Once I'd determined they were into me. However long that took.
    2. Within two weeks of first contacting them.

• Yeah you have to be careful though, you have to have good rapport

• i would wait like 100 years.

• Sounds accurate, we live to be about 950 years old so I guess 100 years is fair.

• I'm just way too shy to ask someone.

• Me too... I always hope they ask, I feel like if I ask I won't be good enough and they'll say no because I've had to twice and both times was a no, sigh.

• Until you feel like he won't hurt you

What Girls Said 0