I'm in 11th grade, and he's in 8th?

I want to date him, he wants to date me. But he's my step brothers good friend and he's still in middle school while I'm a junior. But when I was a freshman a freshman boy was dating a senior girl. Is it wrong? Should I forget him or what? Thoughts?

• Go for it! Age doesn't matter
  • Don't do it! He's too young and immature
  • Who cares what others think, do whatever you want

Most Helpful Guy

• clearly from a high school standpoint, it doesn't look good for you if a high school junior is dating a middle school seventh grader. but he will be a fucking God at his school 😂

• He's an eighth grader but yeah it would be great for him, not so great for me lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Nooooo noooo no. No no no. You are playing with fire. YOU are almost an adult. What happens when you become one? Anything physical you do with him will be rape. And YOU will be the rapist. Save it for a few years.

• I have two years before I become an adult! And by the time I do it WILL be legal because once someone turns sixteen they can date a maximum of four years up without it being rape, and he will be sixteen then.

• Is that so? Oh god now I'm scared. So his parents can press charges against me? I'm only sixteen

• Yes they can. You can go to Juvi and then switch over to the adult system.

Most parents won't do this, of course. SOME will if they feel strong enough about it. Like in my situation, my boyfriend's dad is a lawyer. We wanted to date when we were younger. I was 16, he was 14. His father politely informed my parents that he would put me in prison if I touched his son before he was 16. Scared the ever loving shit out of me lmao. l.

What Guys Said 3

• He might be a bit immature right now, but it will only be a handful of years before a three year gap makes absolutely no difference. The older you get, the less the gap matters. Three years is nothing.

• I'm pretty sure that if the asker was a guy who wanted to date an 8th grade girl, you would all demonize the fuck out of them.

#DoubleStandards

• My girlfriend have 15 and i have 18 and so what. Go for it. Try at least.

What Girls Said 8

• He's just a kid. Gross.

• If you guys were like 22 and 20, it wouldn't matter. Because you are 16 and 14, there's a huge emotional maturity difference. I wouldn't. I feel like no good will come from it at all.

• I'm sorry, but I'd don't even see why you would even think about doing that. Guys mature slower than girls so he's going to be very immature. I won't date anyone more than a year younger than I.

• If you like him, there isn't anything wrong with it. My boyfriend is 5 years younger than me and he was underage when we started dating.

• guys are pretty immature let alone an 8th grader. i personally wouldn't date him. heck he's not even in hs yet!!

• Fuck what others say! DO IT!

• go for it!

• What's his and your age

• I'm 16, he's gonna be 14 very soon

• I don't see a problem my husband is two years younger than me and also when I was 14 I was dating a guy who was almost 17 if that helps relationship lasted four years

• There wouldn't be a problem if we were both over eighteen :/