Why don't women ask more guys out?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• In general, because there is a societal perception that it is not feminine to do so. Most women do not want to be perceived poorly and so play along with the social mores of the time.

• #generalisation217 some do u know. i know, it's shocking..

as for myself, I'm just too traditional.

• ... I asked my boyfriend out?
    As for why males are still the majority in terms of who does the 'asking out', for a variety of reasons. Social norms from the olden days that still stick around. Girls being told that the guy prefers to stay in control, feels emasculated if the girl takes over. Fear of rejection, convenience.

• One reason is just the double standard. If a guy asks a girl out he's just normal, but if a girl asks a guy out, some guys think she's desperate. I had one guy tell me I'd spoiled the thrill of the chase for him (although he still went out with me).

The other reason is just that we have the luxury of leaving the risk of rejection to the guys.

• Hell nah, call me old fashioned but I still want my future guy to ask me out

• Cuz we prefer guys to do the asking-women are generally the choosers and generally men are the chasers

• Because most women get asked out by a guy at some point if they don't do it themselves, whereas guys just plain don't get asked out if they don't do it themselves. I mean, a few guys do get asked out, but that number is so little that it's pretty much negligible.

I think that by not asking anyone out, they're missing out on some great guys who might just be too shy or aloof to ask a girl out.

• Rejection is the worse enemy ever

• Eh blame society.

• seriously is there ANYTHING guys wanna do anymore?

• If I think the benefit of dating him outweighs my contentment with being single, I'd ask.

What Guys Said 12

• Why would they bother? Guys practically shower them with attention all of the time. In one week a girl gets more attention from guys than a guy gets from girls in two years. They have no motivation to approach and it's all our fault.

• Why should they? Especially when ___ will bend to their every whim all in the hope of getting laid. Thus never forcing them to come out of their comfort zones to ask a guy out in the 1st place ever!!! in their lifetimes LOL -_-

So even if __ doesn't ask them out some other guy will so yeah... you know that, they know that... I know that so that's why ^_^

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• That's pretty true. They're much more likely to be asked out than the average guy.

• Fear and thirsty men

• thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirsty men omg 😓

• I think I've talked about this a bit much on here, and there's not more I can say about this topic. But yeah, I wish women would ask more guys out. It would be great. Many people admit that the expectation is for the guy to ask out the girl, but if the girl takes the initiative, things would be so much easier for guys like me. Don't be afraid, just go for it!

• Oh I am sure that there are a LOT of re-asks on this site (I am new so I am sorry)
      Yeah it would be a dream if more girls did that. I have some shyness or something going on up there so that would make things so much easier.

• It's likely a biological response to 'courting'. Women typically go for confident men, and what better way to weed out those lacking confidence than to never (or rarely) ask a man out? Probably not a conscious thought, but likely part of their innate femininity.

Or, it could just be a societal norm. :)

• When I was a teen, I asked my sister the same question. Her response was, "Because we don't have to."

• Yep, why risk rejection when society already expects the guys to do that?

• Because it takes bravery to cope with the fear of rejection.
    Something most men are brought up from childhood to develop. Women, not so much.

• Some people are still stuck in the old times. Gender equality isn't really established yet. We're getting there but there's a long way to go.

• It's more fun that way and besides, I love the chase and the challenge

• 'Cause they're as nervous as we are.

Also, I think it's kind of harder on girls 'cause it is traditionally the guy that does the asking out. So this switching is a bit of a speedbump of (Western) dating culture.

• I wished they did more often, they would have a much easier time with it tbh. Men are way less guarded then women are.

• Life sucks.