Is the guy I like scared of commitment? What to do?

My friend that I known for 12 years says that he likes me a lot. he always say that he loves me and that whenever I'm ready for a relationship, he's ready. He said he's only waiting for me when it comes to being in a relationships. My thing is, if he's ready for me why haven't he asked me yet? What should I tell him and/or about the situation?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, he's waiting for you to tell him that you like him too. He has clearly stated he wants to date you and is waiting for you to be ready. He has already asked you out indirectly.

What Girls Said 1

• No he is not scared of commitment, you said that he told you whenever your ready for a relationship, he's ready. You also said that he said he's only ""waiting for you"" "when it comes to being in a relationships" witch means he is just waiting on you to make the second move because he's already made some first moves several times.