Why do I get a lot of attention from OLD perverts?

I was actually dress preppy, modest and elegant. My makeup was neutral. However, whenever I go out, I attract the attention from old perverted men at the ages of 50+. Why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• First, did you pass that exam?

No one would tend to sleep with those poor old perverted men 50+ , so they tend to have a go at every random chick, hoping one would.

• I hope so. I feel like I am the only woman who feels this way. I look like I am in my early twenties but I have closed and a cold body language. It is ego deflating and I hate them for it. Why would, apart from money, would a young woman go after a perverted old fart?

• That's sad, coz I am 1 year 'older' than you.

• Not that little. I mean perverts 40+ always hit on me. The oldest age I would accept is 28. I can't go older than that. I am attracted to older guys, but not enough to be my father or grandfather!

What Guys Said 12

• I suspect it has something to do with 2 million years of human evolution. Here's a chart from Christian Rudder's book Dataclysm. You might find it enlightening. What women find attractive tends to stay in line with their age, but what men find attractive tends not to.
    img.washingtonpost.com/.../...k-800x386.png&w=1484

You state it's deflating to your ego. Well, simply because young attractive men haven't approached you doesn't mean that they don't find you attractive. Perhaps they are intimidated? Perhaps they don't know how to approach you?

• Nope, there is absolutely nothing that increases my ego in life. With these old men deflating my ego by being blatantly inappropriate, I find it depressing. It does not matter if I am wearing modest clothes or makeup, I still get approached by these creeps. It's very unfair. Even people in my class never approach me or do anything of the kind that these leering old men do. Again, these old men have overinflated ego and are racist thinking Asian women are easier to get in with just because they have the upper hand of being white.

• No, they weren't relying on him financially. He's a fun guy to be around. Recently he started seeing someone seriously. She's younger than he is, but only by two years.

I had hoped to become a flight instructor, which would have meant getting a commercial license and an instructor's license. For the most part, I flew in a Cessna 150, probably the most forgiving aircraft ever built. I also flew in a Piper Tomahawk (meh) and a Cessna 172. I preferred the 150 to the 172.

Do they still teach VOR navigation? I should think gps is going to shut that down in the not too distant future. When I was studying (around the time of the Wright Brothers), we still had to learn to use azimuth plotters and E6Bs. I doubt very much those are taught any more.

• There's many fun guys around in my age, I don't want an old man to entertain me. I'm glad he started "growing up" and getting a woman his age, because a lot of old creeps have the "Peter Pan" syndrome where they don't want to grow up and gets a young woman to feel attractive. The sad actual fact is that their skin is wrinkling, their hair is falling out and they are developing pot bellies. I will definitely no go for an older man because I am a secure and strong woman myself. I don't want an old fart to help me out financially. I can pay them all off with my own hard work. And no, I do not want to waste it share my life with an old monitor-lizard face man. I hate old perverts. I get harassed not only on the internet, but in real life too. I guess I have an innocent and naive look about me, and this attracts Lolita perverts along with a virgin fetish. These old farts are truly disgusting. Luckily the aviation industry does not take these harassment lightly but quite heftily.

• I'm sure just about everyone notices you. But older guys tend to be a bit brazen about what they are thinking. Younger guys are more timid.

• As a matter of fact, I never notice people staring unless an old fart starts leering in the creepiest and most inappropriate way. They think young Asian women are obsessed with white men, even in the old ages which is not the case.

• Well, when I was 18 I would have stared at you, if that's any comfort :-P

• Are old and pervert synonymous?

• Almost. Except it is ego deflating with an ugly, old fart, I must say.

• That is the most flattering thing I have heard all day. I guess. Now I hope I do not attract the attention of my future assigned much older airline captains. That would be a breach of professionalism and conduct, I would also be uncomfortable receiving that sort of attention. I wish they would seek women their own ages though. The oldest that I would date is 28, but beyond that is out of my bounds.

• I feel like you need to cultivate a persona where you can be one of the guys and yet not available.

• you just happened to be near guys who like what they see.

• You are going to the wrong places if you meet anyone 50+ while going out.

• I did not. I was going into a food court. And it does not help that a 56 year old airline captain asked for my phone number at the airport. They are everywhere.

• I'm afraid Japanese, Chinese and Korean guys your age aren't mature enough for what you are looking for. I could be wrong but I heard especially Koran guys are very shy at that age and only really start dating after their compulsory military service when they are finally considered a man by society. Anyway I think you shouldn't feel bad about it. It's not like anyone is going to rape you, they are just interested and while it is creepy, just take it as a compliment or something and move on. You seem like a strong woman otherwise so don't let them drag you down. Just keep going, and eventually you'll find a guy.

• Thank you for the kind words. I wasn't really looking forward to a relationship because I am so busy working on my career, and I have states that to many guys that I out career ahead of family and friends. Then they leave. I am fine with being single, but I feel vulnerable being single because apparently, a lot of old farts or creeps think they have a chance just because I am single. Thats why I am looking for somebody. I should start looking for people in my flying school I guess.

• I'm not sure why that is. Would you be interested in going out some time though?

• Guys my age are still attracted to young women but you probably look older to them also

• I look like I am in my early 20s and I am 18. It's creepy when I see a man old enough to be my grandpa. I would never choose an old fart over a fit, young man.

• yeah a lot of these guys have that misperception unfortunately , maybe if you change your style a little with make up and your hair to attract your age group, is there any type of jewelry you could wear that would show your true nationality?

• Not really. I already dress youthful but it seems that the old perverts are more excited over a youthful schoolgirl look. I think I'm sticking to my uniform.

• You might look really friendly and don't mind the perverts in general?

• I do. But I never smile or have an open body language. I hate it when old perverts hit on me. It's never going to happen. One guy said to my date that he is lucky and should buy me chocolate and flowers. Other's whistle and say dirty things. I wish they would stop, it makes me feel uncomfortable and is ego deflating

• I've no idea why that is.. There must be men who have a crush on you? Your co-workers?

• Really? I am not aware. I thought if they had a crush on me they would come and talk to me. Thing, some handsome young guys do stare but do nothing more with me. I am scared of being rejected.

• Don't worry, I'm sure the young perverts noticed as well :p

• sweetheart, i'm not even that old!

• They act like perverts? ha! You seem mature for your age I guess.

• Surprise of the century. If seems that older men have the perversion that schoolgirls should be objectified to sexual playthings because of their vulnerable and virginal image. It is disgusting and sick.

• Teach me senpai hahah

What Girls Said 3

• i think its because some older men are into younger women

• Why? Why would they think young women would pick old men way past their price years over fit, young, attractive men?

• I don't need those old farts to help me out. I'm more intelligent than them and can see through their antics. It sucks guys my age aren't attracted to me.

• just avoid them... that's all you can do

• I don't think there is a particular reason. If you're a good-looking girl, most men - also older, tend to stare.

I experience this a lot too, but whenever i don't feel like getting attention, i dress down.

Attention can be great, but if you want to have a great night out - but if you're just casually out, you might wanna dress down. Often, you get attention because you're "asking for it"uintentionally. If you don't want to be looked at, don't wear anything short, with cleavage og tight. Also try to changing your behavior. Smile only to friends or the ones you're out with and try not to get eye contact with these men who usually give you looks.

If you seem introverted and non-friendly towards them, they wouldn't contact you.

• Problem is I do seem that way. I never smile at them or make any eye contact. I hold my head up high and pretend the ugly and perverted is invisible but they still go for me anyway. I dress very modestly so I have no idea why I receive so many attention from perverts. Maybe I look innocent, that is why I get these leering creepy gazes from old creeps with schoolgirl fetishes. They think I look vulnerable despite me being taller than them. Strange. Younger men almost never do this though. I think they are more shy or I am Just an oldbag magnet?

• Maybe you look like a 50 year old woman.

• As a matter of fact I don't. I look like I am in my early 20s.

• I'm just kidding I thought it's pretty obvious that you get a lot of attention because you're attractive.