Why do tall girls seem so disinterested in tall guys?

I'm a tall guy (6'5"), and most of the girls who are interested in me are average to short in height. I've dated girls as short as 4'11", but never any girls over 5'5". It isn't that I'm not attracted to taller girls, it's that they don't seem attracted to me. And I'm not unattractive, because I get plenty of interest from girls, just not the tall ones (5'7" and up). When I look at who tall women are with, it's usually guys their own height. One tall female coworker who's 5'10" is married to a guy who is 5'11". Why is this?

I guess the real answer is that tall girls kinda like tall guys, but they just don't place the same value on height as short girls.
I don't quite understand when some girls say things like, "Well, I'm sure some girls would be okay with you." If a guy told a girl he "was okay with her," she'd dump him faster than a bad stock. Guys want to be with girls who want us back, not girls who tolerate us.

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'7 and have always liked tall guys. I'm not sure why some girls wouldn't like it. A tall guy is very attractive to me.

• What's the tallest guy you've dated?

• @Asker

Well I can't really help that taller guys weren't interested in me you know... or maybe I just haven't had the chance to meet a taller guy.

• No, I get it, you like who you like. I'm not saying anyone is at fault for anything, I'm just saying that I think it's odd that tall girls are largely indifferent to me while short girls tend to really like me.

What Girls Said 8

• I am 5'8 and I prefer guys my height or taller..

I don't see a reason why someone won't date a tall guy.

6'5 is nice..

• I would be happy to date a girl 5'8", but those girls seem disinterested, and I don't chase girls who show no interest in me. It's the girls who are 5'4" and under who really seem interested in me.

• Good to know. I guess the indifference that I see might be them not being sure about my interest since girls seem to think that tall guys can take our pick of girls in dating.

• that could be one reason.

• I'm a tall girl - 6'1" and I have always liked tall guys. I've liked short guys as well. The only reason I can think of here is that tall girls generally observe short girls going crazy over guys your height and also the fact that many guys seem to prefer women who are a lot shorter than themselves. A lot of tall women will make the assumption that you won't be interested based on those observations.

Also, there's the fact that some tall women just like guys who are close to their height.

• But why would short girls' interest preclude tall girls from having interest in tall guys? I honestly believe that short girls really do value us more than tall girls, probably because a really tall guy seems so exotic to them.

• The problem is, I don't want a girl to be just "fine" or accepting of me, I want her to be attracted to me. Guys like to feel desired just the same as women. I hate the feeling that a girl is just accepting me, like she just tolerates me rather than actively wants me. I think that's the real difference between tall and short women. The tall women are indifferent, the short women are enthusiastic. It's pretty easy to choose between the two.

• Thanks so much for your input, you've been very helpful :-)

• Thats strange because all my tall friends look for tall guys and always date guys taller or same height as themselves, never really seen them with guys shorter...

• Well I am a tall girl (almost 5'10") and actually I prefer taller guys.. But that doesn't mean that I mind guys who are close to my height.

Also..
    I don't know if I am the only one who noticed this but it's mostly my short friends who are literally crazy about tall guys.

• "... it's mostly my short friends who are literally crazy about tall guys."

Yes, this is what I've seen. I'll go to a party or social event and get ignored by the tall girls, but there's usually one really short girl there who is dying to meet me.

• Yupppp! I guess it's because it's an outstanding feature for them or something :)

• Maybe they like the way their genitalia line up during sex. *Shrugs* I don't know. I'm not a tall person. o3o

• Hmm, I've always thought it was the opposite. The majority of tall girls love tall guys, you just haven't encountered any yet.

• I go to a big college (45,000 students), so I encounter a lot of tall girls who are my age.

• I love tall guys! It just seems that way, don't worry :)

• I'm tall and I've dated guys who have been 4-5 inches taller than me and personally its way better than same height (I'm 5'11)