What do YOU consider shallow?

Not dating a man due to the fact that he is circumcised?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone is shallow to some degree. Not dating someone because they're circumcised is a perfectly valid reason.

What I consider shallow is outright refusing to date someone because they're shorter/taller than you, or refusing to date someone who doesn't have a whole lot of money.

• My point exactly. Plenty of peoplr point fingers and come off as hypocrites. I have a friend who won't date uncut men. Her prerogative. She likes what she likes. I wondered how many people would get it.

• I'd rather not date the rich and spoiled girls. ;-)

What Guys Said 16

• Is what it is. My girlfriend had some friend break things off with a dude for the opposite reason, because he was UNcut. We're all entitled to our individual preferences and dealbreakers.

• Not dating a guy because he's circumcised is definetely too shallow.

• Eh, people like what they like. Calling it shallow feels weird to me, considering that people have no control over their predilections.

Do I think it's an oddly specific thing to list as a complete deal breaker? Yeah, I kinda do. At the same time though, it doesn't bother me that she feels that way.

• If a woman is turned off by it, there's little point in pursuing her further, now is there? People have their turn ons and turn offs.

If a woman wants a man who's cut and won't go out with one who isn't, that's fine.
    If a woman wants a man who's uncut and won't go out with one who is, that's fine.

• Oh, I don't think I answered your initial question. What do I consider shallow? When people have no respect for other people's feelings. When people have no empathy and/or sympathy for other people's feelings. However, I don't think anything that pertains to human attraction is all that shallow, I guess.

• Being shallow is relative. Almost everyone is shallow to an extent. Just one example is that we all fall in love (or at least gain interest) in the beginning for the cover of someone's book, rather than it's contents.

• LOL... really. that is shallow and silly.

• If you think that is not shallow, please explain what is shallow to you. Because unless you are allergic to foreskin, then you are definitely shallow to pretty much everybody's opinion. That doesn't mean you are the worst person in the world, You are just shallow...
    Being shallow means that you discard people before even giving them a chance for ridiculously mild and vain reasons. In your case, the fact that the man has a tiny bit more skin (and therefore is normal) than other men.

• That is not shallow nor is it me. Its NOT shallow due to the fact that if someone isn't sexually attracted to the person, that is not their fault. There are many women who are like that. If they can't get wet, how can they be faulted?

• Look, some people are impatient. Some people are impulsive, some people talk too much, some people are vain and some people are shallow. Being shallow is not the end of the world. If you won't give someone a chance for not being cut, you are being fussy. You can't see deeper into the person than simply that little piece of skin. That's what being shallow is. Your question was what do YOU consider shallow. Well, I consider THIS being shallow. Hey, you're far from being the worst person in this universe. I am not perfect myself. I can be shallow sometimes. You are still being shallow though. I don't understand what your definition of shallow is if this does not qualify.

"That is not shallow nor is it me. Its NOT shallow due to the fact that if someone isn't sexually attracted to the person, that is not their fault"
      I am not sexually attracted to a girl because I don't like her hat. I am not shallow because it's not my fault?

• "That wasn't my logic at all. Please use common sense."
      "if someone isn't sexually attracted to the person, that is not their fault"
      It's true it's not their fault if they are being pedophiles. They are still pedophiles though.
      It's true it's not your fault if you are being shallow. You are still being shallow.
      That was my point.

• Everyone has preferences... you have yours nothing wrong with it... Nope its not shallow if you don't want to date cut men...

Can I ask you why though?

• I don't believe anyone can be shallow. I believe everyone has certain standards and no matter how ridiculous it's what they want and shouldn't be judged on it.

• That would be really shallow, it's not like you could change that or see it very often, maybe more obvious things it would make more sense

• And? Plenty of people have preferences and yet unorthodox ones are labeled as such?

• Oh wow that's awkward that she asks that right up front, must lose out on 70 percent of men even though she won't be wasting their time and that's her preference , guess it can't really be called shallow then , but that's like me asking if a girl likes giving oral sex or not since that's my preference right up front, I don't think that will go well

• She's in Australia. Most men apparently are cut there.

• It's like not dating you because of the size and color of your areolas.

• If a guy isn't attracted, he shouldn't be obligated... lol

• That's a preference.

• Asker
      I did not write 'bar people'. I wrote: " .. celibacy is an option we should not deny... don't need them to breed"

That's sarcasm.

• No, I am not shallow. I don't consider myself as shallow.

• I don't consider anything really shallow since I have never experienced such.

• 2-3 feet deep, though some of the biggest fish r caught there.

• no thats more like perverse/ fd up, not shallow.

• If thats what you consider perverse, then i think id laugh if i were to ask what else you consider as such.

• Perverse: (of a person or their actions) showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable, often in spite of the consequences.

And how is that unreasonable/unacceptable or acting in such a way? Please get a brain before commenting. :)

• irrational repulsion is a pathology/perversion according to psychiatry. u get a brain before you speak... .

• That is shallow. I would have sex with a girl who has a labia outside or inside her vulva.

• And? People shouldn't do things based off of what YOU would do. If that person isn't attracted, they shouldn't force it.

• Then why add the retarded comment that you would have sex with a girl that has a labia outside or more? That's irrelevant to the comment and makes it seem like you based off of what YOU would do, people are considered shallow if they don't follow the rules.

Think.

• It's kind of similar to the circumcised thing to me. That's why I said that. Shallowness is always perspective. That's why I said your opinion doesn't matter. What you consider shallow will be different than what I consider shallow. It is what is is.

What Girls Said 6

• Wow, if that's the only qualification you don't really have any standards.

• Thats pretty stupid to say since it has nothing to do with me. Lol.. the dumbassumptions people come up with...'

• Whay you're saying only has to do sith YOUR bigoted opinion and nothing to do with standards since you have no idea if thats the only qualifier.

No ones catching feelings (another stupid assumption btw) but stupid people who dont think and answer my questions is annoying. Im asking you to think is all. :)

• Sure, like your phallic question needs any thought. Pervert. I seriously don't have to sit here and take your misguided feelings you low class female.

• I had a friend who is 5'2" and turned away a man who 5'11". Her reason was because he was under 6'0". I would consider that shallow.

To me not dating a man because he is circumcised is shallow. What difference does a foreskin make. To be fair in my country it is a little unusual to be circumcised. So it would not surprise me if women found it a turn off here.

• Thats cool. I dont find it to be. Everyone has something they want and are attractd to. If your friend is no sexualy attracted to guys she considers short, i can't fault her for that.

• That's very shallow.
    'We're literally soul mates... but I had to dump him because he's circumcised'
    -_-

Who gives a crap about whether a penis has a foreskin or not? As long as it is clean and does what it's supposed to do I'm not bothered.

• To you maybe. Its not to me. I find it hilariously hypocritical how some who have a preference label others as shallow when the individual wouldn't date outside their preference. I wonder how many did that..

• Refusing to date a guy due to the fact that he is un/cut due to the fact that someone is NOT sexually attracted to him---when sex is important to many relationships--is NOT discrimination--it's a preference. They prefer NOT to date someone like that. Discrimination would be an active prejudice against those people--demeaning them and spewing stereotypes. Please learn the definition.

• Discrimination and prejudice aren't the same thing, they can exist as separate entities.

• Yes, it's shallow. As shallow as disliking someone based on their height, or any other physical aspect that they can't change.

• Not dating someone because they're considered "out of shape".

• yes, thats pretty shallow.

• I would disagree. If everyone has a preference, why should those people be faulted when they aren't attracted to it?