How many people out there have given up on dating?

I havnt but i have seen lota of comments where guys are just giving up. I just want to see how many are truly done with the whole thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• me, i feel like its such a waste of time, you give someone all your time, and effort and energy, only to realise that theyre not trying as much as you are , probably cause they just dont care as much, and it sucks to always be the one to care more. And it just always ends the same after you give it your all, and get attached, you realise you have to break up, because somewhere along the line, you realise, instead of being effortlessly happy , its become a chore. And then there are the weeks after of the crying, and the moping, and the food stuffing lol I've had... too many experiences like that. i just think its time to focus on me now, cause i deserve it, and im not gonna go looking for someone special anymore, damned if someone great happens along and damned if they dont, im just gonna be the best possible me , learn as much new things as i can, really experience life

What Girls Said 14

• I would need to start in order to be able to give up 😛
    But I won't be surprised if I'll be alone forever. Shh, it's okay. There's always dogs.

• me, i feel like its such a waste of time, you give someone all your time, and effort and energy, only to realise that theyre not trying as much as you are , probably cause they just dont care as much, and it sucks to always be the one to care more. And it just always ends the same after you give it your all, and get attached, you realise you have to break up, because somewhere along the line, you realise, instead of being effortlessly happy , its become a chore. And then there are the weeks after of the crying, and the moping, and the food stuffing I've had... too many experiences like that. i just think its time to focus on me now, cause i deserve it, and i'm not gonna go looking for someone special anymore, damned if someone great happens along and damned if they don't, I'm just gonna be the best possible me , learn as much new things as i can, really experience life.

• Wow, your copy and paste skills are awesome, congrats. Lol (plagerism).

• Yaaa I was going to right the same thing -.- so why bothering my figures doing it when there is someone did it already :P

• I have. Although I've never actually been on a date. I've just given up completely on the idea of ever meeting anyone, or even trying. I'm 29 now, and I've never had a date. I think it's too late for me now. I used to try to ask men out, but they always rejected me. No guy has ever asked me out.

• Really, damn, i dont know why they wouldn't. Do youthink youhave a good personality, do youthink yourgood loooking.

• Most people who know me like my personality, but I am not attractive. My face is masculine.

• Oh, well im sure someone will ask you, 7 billion people out there, im sure there are a couple million out there for you.

• nah i haven't.

• I have. U trust some one u try ur hardest to make it work put up with every thing and they find it so easy to throw u away like Ur nothing then think if they ask u out again u will come back. I think the problem is that love is not what it use to be. People get engaged and it means nothing they end up braking up a week later

• that all true I like your wording @lippy_hippy

• @amanwalia this is very true! To many people say they love u but I don't think they truly know what love is or when they r in love they just say it its just a word now with no meaning

• @lippy_hippy I know I know that but first what she write i don't get it in the first then I ask her about it because that girl is nice but she experienced about all so she write this how much it writ i don't know but for me thing are thing i never been in love with true in my real life single tho haha but feeling good that learning something here

• I haven't, I love being in a relationship but I also don't "need" to be with someone, I would rather be single/alone and wait for someone I really like than to just settle.

• I wouldn't say I have given up on dating, since I'm only 18 , it's just haven't really been asked out because guys don't generally find me attractive and I am a bit shy at first with people. But there''s time, I'm not worrying.

• people who "give up" on dating are typically the first ones to jump right at the oncoming love train as it approaches them

• me but I'll start dating pretty soon!

• i am not giving up i'm just giving in for now

• I did until I got my boyfriend.

• Haven't given up... Just kinda feel like it'll never happen. 😔

• How come, you look pretty in your profile picture?

• Lmao, this reminds me of me and Ale so much XD

• @Illusive_Man

THAT'S BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING FUCK FUCK GAMES ON THE SIDE YOU LITTLE-- *WHERE'S MY ANGRY LEMON

• Not me. Dating is fun, being in a relationship is even better, and I hate being single.

• I'm almost DONE!!! Sooo frustrating.

What Guys Said 17

• I haven't 'given up' on dating in the strictest sense, but I wouldn't bother aggressively pursuing a woman without even knowing if I'll eventually end up with her or not. Too much efforts, too little returns. If I find a connection with a woman and it is mutual, then it's fine. I'm NOT gonna put in a ton of efforts to EARN the affection of a woman, just so that the benefits of dating/relationship are anyway shared equally between us.

• I think your like a lot of other guys who dont feel like they have to prove their worth to a girl. Why does it matter if you have to aggressivly pursue women to earn her affection. Its just how it is.

• Mmm, i see. I one time went to the movies with my friends and met one of my friends who was a girl, well she had this cute friend with her. She wanted to play the scream penis game lol so i decided to do it. Well we ended up getting embarrissed lol but we became facebook friends. After that she invited me to goto a party with her and we ended up having sex. You see, i emberrised myself for the girl but it ended up getting me laid. I think its totally understandable and ok. to do that for sex. Maybe this changes your mind?

• It's ok to do that for sex, but I'm way past that age where I look for 'just sex'. I'm almost 29, so it's more about committed relationships for me now. Not that I have resorted to casual sex in the past, but anyway.

• Unless a girl throws herself at me/wants to be my girl I've never given a fuck about "dating" and never will LOL.

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Eh?
    Given up?
    lol , I don't recall starting on that.

Anyway. Dating.
    Hmm...

Eh.
    I'll take it as it comes. If it happens , it happens , if it doesn't , it doesn't.
    Que sera sera , as the saying goes.

I'm more interested in getting my wheels at this point ;3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03pWE6iDEO8

• Marrying is a way to stop dating.

• Broooooooooooooo. There's more women entering college, and graduating college than men in the US. Never has there been a better time for us men to date lol.

• I have not given up on dating, at this time I am just not actively dating.

• It is a bit pointless, shit ton of effort for little or no reward, giving up wouldn't be the write term, but 'ignoring for the time being' would be.

• Nope no giving up for me... but I understand how dating can be frustrating.

• Nope I haven't.

• I just start to do it more (probably cuz of my age). One has to work to earn something, so thats what im doing :)

• Hope its working out for you.

• Thanks :) lately i worked on confidence and my talking skills and theyre improved (slightly though, but hey, its a start! :) )

• If I'm still single by 30 I give up on absolutely everything.

• I think dating is like selling your good points and hiding your bad points. If you want a person you should choose her for all not a part of her personality.
    I haven't dated anyway.

• Haven't given up, but haven't actively looked either. I'm coasting it at this point.

• I was about to. Then today I just got a ldr girlfriend sooooooooo

• Well I have. Im not "giving up" I suppose, just not putting much effort into it. Not to mention im not really in the right set of mind to go seeking for it

• After 5 years of being screwed around by girls who don't know what they want, all the immature games and girl bullshit I'm done.

• I wouldn't say I'm done I just never ask people out so nothing ever happens. It's not that I hate relationships I just can never approach anyone in a romantic sense.

• That's exactly what I'm doing too. I never ask women out, although it's not that I can't.

• Like I said I just can't approach women even if they show signs of attraction back. It's who I am and I don't plan on trying to change it.

• Ok, i completely understand.