Why do not so good looking girls love me so much, but the attractive ones ignore me?

Throughout high school I had a lot of girls interested in me, I am pretty good looking (not a super model, but I am above average), so a lot of the girls I talked to would develop crushes on me. The problem, is that all the girls that liked me were just so unattractive. Most of them were nice people, that I liked hanging out with, but they just werent good looking. It doesn't matter how good of a person they are, if they are ugly that really hurts my ability to like them (if you think thats shallow I can direct you to a mytake I read earlier this month that perfectly sums up that misconception). And for some reason all the good looking, or even average girls, dont seem to pay me any mind. I occasionally try talking to them in class, or at events, but they just dont really seem interested in talking to me, maybe it is because I am not as funny as the other guys that hit on them? Is that a thing, I am not funny at all, I dont try to be funny, and I dont even really like jokes. I notice that women attractive women usually go gaga over guys that act like baffoons in order to get some laughs, or over guys that are completely annoying and childish, who happen to be "funny"(although they are only funny to the girl), could that be why the good looking girls dont like me? In college I have made friends with some better looking girls, but most of them have boyfriends, and even here, even though better looking girls are around me more, the 2 most unattractive girls in my friend group are the ones that like me. They constantly text me, call me, try to go hang out with me, and it is so annoying because if they were better looking I would go in a heartbeat. The good looking girls never text me, never try to get together, unless I intiate it. Its so annoying, as a guy of above average looks, I would assume that I should get at least an average girl interested in me, but so far all the girls that like me are below average and I can't stand it. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• At least you get attention from girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• Attraction is not a choice... but physical attractions is only part of the puzzle.

Are you SURE you're not being realistic with your requirements in relation to how YOU look?

What Girls Said 4

• I understand your dilemma. But there are different rules for attractive women, than for lesser attractive ones. Attractive women are much more on guard, because they have to be, or they would be sexually harassed all the time. Forgive me, but most men that approach are aggressive/unpleasant, and attractive women do NOT get a break from unwanted attention. They're almost afraid to show interest, because things can quickly get out of hand, and then they kick themselves all the way down. Then they get blamed for hurting others and then feel guilty. They get sick of the cycle of hurt, so they restrict their interactions to a few. Above average attractive girls never get approached by NICE or DECENT guys, or maybe they'd be a little more optimistic. 98% of the time they are ugly, perverted, aggressive or super goofy or totally lame (to the point of vomiting) or feeling super entitled like 'hey you're cute so give me your number?' what? I'm a nice guy. see you girls never like nice guys. well f u then. nobody liked your ugly face anyway. (I'm not making this up, this happened frequently to me). Very rarely do girls get approached in a normal way. And please don't judge attractive girls by the rude reactions of psycho mean girls - cus they're hateful to girls too. If your approach is really decent, and sweet and not overly pushy its perfect!

Attractive women are sometimes even more insecure because people are constantly critiquing their looks. If you wear the same thing twice, or have eye boogers, or a stain on your pants (why is it always the butt area?), or your hair is messed up random strangers will call attention to it, sometimes nicely, and sometimes not so nicely, and sometimes they will make it up just to distract from that hot guy that's eyeing you so you'll thank them profusely, and go in the bathroom mortified to correct it, only to realize what a fool you were.

So... attractive insecure women are deathly afraid of rejection, and possibly even more afraid of indicating that they have thing for you - cuz then you can find their weakness and humiliate them. Just be honest and straightforward with them - don't tease too much cus they can be surprisingly naive. Earn their trust, and they'll open up cus women are addicted to sharing and opening up to friendships. If she doesn't, after a lot of persistence, then she's got too many issues and even if I tried to be her friendgirl she'd reject me too (see it's not just about romantic relationships).

• Haha I don't know the solution to your problem but I like how honest you are Lol straight to the point...

• You sound really desperate to get those "attractiv" girls, here. And you maybe show that same desperate way infront of thos girls, which is not an attractiv quality. And stoĆ„ beig shallow I get if you have type, but stop basicly calling them ugly.

• You might hang out with not so cute girls? Girls ten to develop crushes on guys in their social group. So if you're always around that could be why. Hang out with hot girls and some of them might like you

What Guys Said 1

• They don't pay attention to you because they're just like you. Like you they ignore the people who they don't find attractive that really like them and focus on the people they do find attractive who may not be paying them any attention at all.