He said he couldn't make our date because of car trouble but went out later with his friends?

So we were supposed to meet yesterday but he texted me two hours before saying he couldn't come because he "thinks" his car battery isn't working. He said he wouldn't text me when he was done. He never did, he just texted around 8 pM apologizing about the day and saying we coupdate reschedule. I saw later on social media that he went out with his friends. I have a gut feeling that he lied about his car troubles. I know it doesn't take that long to replace a battery. Am I right on this or being paranoid?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're absolutely right. As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words. If he had really wanted to see you, he would have kept the date, even if it meant taking an Uber ride or a taxi. If I were in your situation, I would delete his phone number.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• A lame duck excuse for Bucking Out and Ducking out of the date, @Deedeerose_
    Have a little quack quack talk with him before it is War of the Rum Rum Roses. Tell him from now on, if he chooses to bail out, make sure he doesn't let you see how he made an ass out of himself by letting you and everyone see What... A liar on fire he was.
    Good luck. xx

• you're ain't paranoid at all! he used that battery thing as an excuse to go out with his friends

• I think it was made up problems