Kissed my boss. Now what?

I work a seasonal job for the holidays, and last year a coworker and I went on a group date and ended up making out against the side of a building. I was smitten. Screw the job, it's a seasonal throwaway job, I was set to go after this guy. He seemed so into me and agreed to a date with just the two of us, but then two days later texted me saying he was drunk and was "sorry for giving me the wrong impression."

I'm still absolutely heartbroken, been getting treatment for depression and working on myself. I ran into him over the summer and he invited me out for coffee, but never followed up. Double whammy. I found out recently though that at my seasonal job he's been promoted and put in charge of the whole operation. He just became my boss.

Now I'm beyond afraid. I'm afraid he's going to try to get me fired. I've debating calling him and talking to him about my fears, but I'm afraid it will make it worse and somehow make it happen.

If he gets me fired, I won't be able to handle it. How can I protect myself or should I talk to him? What should I say if I do?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think he will fire you since you haven't done anything , he probably wants to avoid you more and feels like a jerk for the way he ended things , just keep it business , no need to involve the past , I'm sure it's awkward for him too

What Girls Said 1

• I think like you but let me tell you, it has never worked for me. I honestly believe, from experience, that you should literally go to work like nothing has happened. It sounds easier said than done but go in there everything acting like you have won the damn jackpot and don't even pay attention to him. Obey the rules and if he asks you to do something, do it humbly but don't let this prick get to you. The only way to win is to get your power back.