Is 6 months to long to wait to have sex with a guy?

I'm not dating anyone right now but at the same time I don't want to end up being pumped and dumped

Most Helpful Guy

• My mates girlfriend waited a year, and they have a very strong relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• It there should be a time limit. If you don't trust him after 6m then maybe you shouldn't be with him anyways. If it hasn't been 6m yet, I think when ever your ready will be fine. Just know if your not in a relationship they can and may sleep wit other people. I've known men to wait, but it's on the dude. If he seems genuinely interested and you both would like to be together then be together and let things come naturally. Don't do anything your not comfortable doing, but also know 6m is a very long time.

• But why? Some men will be in a relationship just for sex

• I just want to make sure the guy is in a relationship with me first

• But even if I'm in a relationship I don't want to have sex early in the relationship

What Guys Said 3

• HA I'm dealing with this now it's a very complicated relationship but I'm almost going on 6 months no sex yet.. but we had a talk about 2 weeks ago and I addressed this and she said she still wanted me to.

I think like you she's scared to be pumped and dumped. But I assure you that's not going to happen, almost each time she pushed me away I was still beside her

• Depends on the guy but I think most guys would end the relationship because sex is an important part.

Some guys that want to wait until marriage for sex or guys who just don't mind waiting until you're ready would probably be okay waiting 6 months.

• Well I don't want to wait until marriage

• Then have him wait like 3 months I think that's a good length of time for a guy to wait to see if he's genuinely interested in you. Not in it just for the sex.

• Well some men think that their words is all it takes but it's really the men's actions that show he is in it for more than just sex. Because I have been pumped and dumped before and that shit is not fun. If he doesn't introduce me to his friends and family and if he doesn't want to meet my family and if he is not going out with me in public and wants everything private then why would I have sex with a guy like that

• Yes, too long

• Why? I want to make sure the guy actually likes me and is not just saying he wants a relationship just to fuck me

• I think guys are looking for sex first - if they like it they are okay with a relationship.
      Girls are looking for a relationship first - if they like it they are okay to have sex.

You shouldn't make a fixed schedule

• Well I'm fixed on not getting used

What Girls Said 1

• You should not pressure yourself into having sex for fear of getting dumped

• That's not what I meant

• I meant not having sex to see if the guy actually wants a relationship because I believe actions speak louder than words