Would you date someone you disagreed with politically?

• I'm conservative and I would date a liberal.
  • I'm conservative and I wouldn't date a liberal.
  • I'm liberal and I would date a conservative.
    Vote C
  • I'm liberal and I wouldn't date a conservative.
    Vote D
  • I don't know or don't care.
    Vote E

27

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on how conservative; as a liberal-minded, pansexual woman who doesn't want kids and is allergic to housework, it would likely be a match made in hell with, say, a guy who wants me to do all the chores and give him demon spawn. but that's not to say that it can't work.

as a minor example, my other half and i respect each other's beliefs (he's christian and i'm agnostic), though we have differing opinions on only one major issue: what my married name will be, if it gets to that point.

see, i already have 2 last names by choice~ my birth name is jones* and my (step) dad's name is brown*, so i'm von jones-brown, and my boyfriend's last name is williams*... (my bio-father and i don't have a good relationship and i don't like my birth name anyway) so, if i get married, i've decided that i'll be von williams brown... he wasn't crazy about the idea, since he's traditional and thinks that keeping one's maiden name is a tradition spawned by "feminazis", though he has made it clear that he will respect whichever i choose.

(btw, once i reassured him that i am not a feminazi and my reason for doing it is to honour both the family who raised me and the family i'm joining; he was a bit more open to the idea.)

in short, it really depends on the person and whether or not the issue is one you are willing to compromise on.

Most Helpful Guy

• If we disagree on social issues it's a deal breaker but if it's anything else I really don't give a shit lol

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know. It depends on how hard we disagreed and how compatible we were otherwise. Most likely not though, because we probably wouldn't be compatible otherwise either.

• Probably not. That is bound to cause persistant heated arguments. Having things in common is quite important to me.

• I am neither conservative or liberal and I would date either. (voted E, but its more a case that my views arnt clear cut on leaning).

• Dating, certainly. Marrying? that would depend on her personality.

• I don't vote, but I don't really know to be honest. I think I'd have a bigger issue if they actually believed what politicians said rather than voting because they feel it's their duty.

• Not really. There are other subjects.