Would you date someone you disagreed with politically?

• I'm conservative and I would date a liberal.
    Vote A
  • I'm conservative and I wouldn't date a liberal.
    Vote B
  • I'm liberal and I would date a conservative.
    Vote C
  • I'm liberal and I wouldn't date a conservative.
    Vote D
  • I don't know or don't care.
    Vote E
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on how conservative; as a liberal-minded, pansexual woman who doesn't want kids and is allergic to housework, it would likely be a match made in hell with, say, a guy who wants me to do all the chores and give him demon spawn. but that's not to say that it can't work.

as a minor example, my other half and i respect each other's beliefs (he's christian and i'm agnostic), though we have differing opinions on only one major issue: what my married name will be, if it gets to that point.

see, i already have 2 last names by choice~ my birth name is jones* and my (step) dad's name is brown*, so i'm von jones-brown, and my boyfriend's last name is williams*... (my bio-father and i don't have a good relationship and i don't like my birth name anyway) so, if i get married, i've decided that i'll be von williams brown... he wasn't crazy about the idea, since he's traditional and thinks that keeping one's maiden name is a tradition spawned by "feminazis", though he has made it clear that he will respect whichever i choose.

(btw, once i reassured him that i am not a feminazi and my reason for doing it is to honour both the family who raised me and the family i'm joining; he was a bit more open to the idea.)

in short, it really depends on the person and whether or not the issue is one you are willing to compromise on.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If we disagree on social issues it's a deal breaker but if it's anything else I really don't give a shit lol

0|1
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know. It depends on how hard we disagreed and how compatible we were otherwise. Most likely not though, because we probably wouldn't be compatible otherwise either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not. That is bound to cause persistant heated arguments. Having things in common is quite important to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am neither conservative or liberal and I would date either. (voted E, but its more a case that my views arnt clear cut on leaning).

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating, certainly. Marrying? that would depend on her personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't vote, but I don't really know to be honest. I think I'd have a bigger issue if they actually believed what politicians said rather than voting because they feel it's their duty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. There are other subjects.

0|0
    0|0