Who should pay when you go out?

In our modern age of supposed equality who should pay for dates?

Movies? Dinner? Icecream? Little things? Food?

If you were on a date who would you want to pay? Yourself or your date?

Would you like the other person to pay for it all?

Would you like to pay for it all?

• The Guy pays
  • The Girl pays
  • Guy should offer
  • Girl should offer
  • Split the cost
  • Accept girls offer of paying
  • Accept guys offer of paying

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the whole "guys have to pay" is outdated and doesn't really make sense in today's society since (most) women have a job and make a living nowadays. I never expect someone to pay for me,
    my guy and I take turns unless someone of us really wants to pay, he for example doesn't like it when we're out in a bar and I buy the beer.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with each person paying for his/her own meal, movie, or whatever. In all honesty, I don't care to date a woman that flat-out expects me to pay for everything.

A woman that straight up expects a man to pay for everything seems like a hustler to me. I don't like hustlers and I'd never pay for sex, so why would I want to do that?

Granted, I always offer to pay, but if a woman demands it - nope. . not happening.

What Girls Said 15

• My boyfriend and I have developed a system where we take turns paying when we go out, or we'll split 50/50.

• Same here.

• I personally don't like being paid for all the time so I much rather the split bill/taking turns than him pay all the time.

• The asker pays regardless of gender.

• I'd say the person who asked the other out should pay. Not that they can't split it if the other wants to pay their half, but if I invite someone out to dinner I don't expect them to pay.

• I think either the bill should be split or take turns. For example, if the guy paid for the movie last time, she can pay for dinner this time. Or maybe he'll buy the movie tickets, and she'll pay for the snacks and drinks. It probably won't always come out even, but it'll be fair and makes sense.

• I always split it. I rather pay for my own (dinner, tickets, drinks etc.). But if the guy already bought the movie tickets for example, I'll buy the drinks and popcorn/snacks for both of us.

• Split the cost, make it 50/50. Always the best of the best decisions. Mostly I'd offer to pay, but if he still insist on paying then its another story.

• I think whoever asks should pay. I try to pay when I ask a guy out but it has never been excepted. I use to fight it until a guy told me if he let me pay he'd have to burn his man card.. Silly but it meant something to him so I offer but if it's an issue it's one i let slide.

• I always pay for my own meal and always will. I just want a guy to enjoy my company and vice versa without any pressure.

• Everyone pays for their own shit. Period. I agree with @bubble_tea, offers and someone saying for you, should not be expected. It should be a nice gesture. A gift of some sort

• I hate it when people fight over who gets to pay.. like it's a power play.

• Either split the costs or have the one who asked out the other pay.

The only problem with the latter option is that guys still end up paying 95% of the time because girls don't approach.

• My mom told me to let a guy pay... But I really don't like that for some reason.
    Rock. Paper. Scissor. That shit... Loser pays, if its a tie split the cost. 😆

• I don't really care who pays but the guy should at least offer to do so.

• Split the cost. Offers should be accepted, not expected.

• Both should pay. Split the cost!

• splitting is best.

What Guys Said 10

• For the first date, the person who asks the other out, should pay (which is usually the man). After that, the bill should be split.

• vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

What's even more fascinating is that people are foolish enough to go somewhere without even discussing the finances beforehand.

• Girls.

or this feminist movement was all for nothing.

• The restaurant owner. Because me and my dates are too damn sexy!!!

• Every guy should vote F and see how many angry women there is 😝

• I always pay

• My society and my culture guys pay always but in ur society it doesn't seem like it

• I always pay even if it's just mate dates with female friends

• I would always want to pay for what I got and she pay for what she got.

• I say the girl should offer because it's expected that the guy pays. Either way I think it doesn't matter though. I don't feel I HAVE to pay. If anything we can split the cost.