Do you find pretty girls intimidating?

If you saw a really pretty girl on a train or just somewhere in public, would you try to approach them? Or would you automatically assume she has a boyfriend or that she would probably be an absolute bitch?

I was just wondering because I always have to catch the train to get to the city, I notice a lot of guys seem to look at me. I get hopeful and really want them to come talk to me because let's face it, I have no confidence to do that myself. But, they never do! I'm starting to think that I look like the grinch.

Numerace people tell me I'm very pretty but, I seriously think they're full of shit.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have the confidence to approach them, a lot of times they don't have the confidence to approach you. Or figure you're taken. Not necessarily just assume you're a bitch. Though body language can easily project mood, or annoyance they're looking at you, whether you are or not. If you see someone looking at you that you'd like to approach you, give them a welcoming smile. Might not always work but it's a start to give confidence where that may be lacking for them.

Most Helpful Girl

• They should not be intimidated by them.. just say hi.. what's there to lose.

• It's not that simple if you were to look from the guys point of view. He might not want to face public rejection, it could end up awkward or embarrassing.

• @junikey hmm.. yeah that is the reason probably.. but you gotta try for what you want.. :)

• @junikey Thankyou !! Not happened to me personally , but it's often the prettier girls that dish out really nasty , vicious rejections to quite respectful guys. If the guy was not respecting boundaries & was an A hole , then deserved , but seen a lot of undeserved nastiness from a lot of girls... this is exactly why the majority of guys will not approach !!

What Guys Said 51

• As a matter of policy, I don't approach unknown women in public (irrespective of how they look), because most women actually say it creeps them out.

• So to @Asker , if you want to make clear you're not creeped out by it, smile at the guys! Or use gestures to tell them to come over :)

• @Dipsy
      Exactly, I need some signs before I can even consider approaching a complete stranger.

• Yes, and yet no girl gives them lol. But I safely assume that when a girl looks at you (especially multiple times), you can approach her :)

Although I've never approached a girl in wild

• Yes but you shouldn't.

Most 'pretty' girls are actually the most insecure people on the planet. Because they're used to being 'pretty', if they haven't got the right appearance a certain day, they'll look out of place and it's very noticeable, hence they go through this period of their life always wanting assurances.

You can try and start some small talk if you see any signals. Don't ever chat to a girl cold, at least have some eye contact going on, otherwise it's not gonna go anywhere. GL

• Maybe you really are beautiful. I always thought I was ugly until I found out that I practically have girls lining up to date me, but I have an intimidating demeanor even though I am actually very kind so they get scared. It's the same way for girls except the don't have to be intimidating (guys don't have to be either). Most people assume that they are taken or that they are out of their league. I know I think that when I see a beautiful girl, and I'm attracted to the mysterious type so it makes it even more difficult for me.

• I feel if a girl is particularly pretty there's no point in approaching her as she's been approached by many men and would expect me going near her as an attempt to hit on her. IT IS, but I don't usually want a woman to know that because until I'm ready for them to know that. It ruins my chances if they can tell before I tell them.

I prefer the more modest women. Women who are shy, possibly virgin, and quiet. One's who don't get a lot of attention. The one's who are less experienced. Basically just any woman who won't attempt to stop my conversation with them or any future interaction with them based on their past experiences.

The girls I'm talking about... they have very little expectation that can actually harm my intentions with them. You know, a girl like that isn't going to stop me from talking to her because she knows I'm hitting on her. Girls like that are excited and intimidated (depending) by my approach, which I like because I have all control of the situation. I can't control going "Hey, how are you doing? I'm so and so." to the prettiest girl in the room. I've tried it. They always get insulted.

• If she was some one I was attracted to I would only approach if we made eye contact, I smiled and she smiled back. If she made no effort at all to notice me or acknowledge me I would assume she is simply not interested for any reason and I would not waste anymore of my time.

• I wouldn't try to approach them, not because of anyway I feel though; I wouldn't approach her because my female friends constantly complain about guys approaching them in public, so I don't want to be one of those guys. That doesn't mean I'm not tempted though.

• Many guys are in fact intimidated by extremely pretty girls and extremely smart ones.

I dated a rising actress & model one time, who shows up on those lists of "most beautiful women". I am rich and extremely smart, so I am not intimidated by anyone. She had only gone out with a couple of guys in her entire life and they were actors she worked with. No one else asked her.

I noticed that young guys would get all giddy around her, like if she shaked their hand, they would never wash it again; and most older guys assumed she wouldn't date older men (that idea was wrong).

I approach anyone I find attractive, because I'm rich and successful and can get away with it. If you are finding guys who seem interested, but aren't making the move that you would like them to, then disarm them by a welcoming smile and maybe a motion to come and talk.

Be aware that some guys are insecure and if they feel they are with a girl "out of their league" then it won't turn out well. In which case, find the wealthy older guys who don't have that problem.

• I want to approach, but I don't want to do that where there's people around, because most likely she'll feel embarrassed and reject me, which will make me feel embarrassed for facing rejection in front of so many people.
    Also, most girls think it's creepy to approach them in a place other than a bar or a club.

It's more about not facing rejection and embarrassment, than being intimidated.

• I'd be more afraid of being called a creep or end up being pepper sprayed. Let me put it this way; in my opinion, girls want to be approached almost everywhere, but only by guys they find attractive. Being '' average looking'' even if I saw a girl I find smoking hot, I would glance and just walk by. And I am not shy, I am very confident, but its not worth the risk.

• I think most guys would assume she is bombarded with male attention & she is sick of it , and also she would already have a partner. Also , very importantly , the vast majority of men fear rejection , some of the prettier ones especially can be quite brutal to men they don't find attractive... which in turn feeds the " All attractive women are cold heartless bitches " stereotype , which is toxic for everyone , regardless of gender.

A question in return , ladies... are women actually receptive to being approached by a man these days?

• I don't normally think they are a bitch or anything. Although I may think they already have a boyfriend or I would think I don't meet their standards as they probably have a lot of guys approach them.

• I used to find pretty girls intimidating.

Then I went to San Francisco, got hit on by a bunch of gay guys, and then a lightbulb went off inside my head and I realized that this must be how hot girls feel when being hit on.

Ever since then, I've had no problems with approaching/interacting with hot/pretty women.

• You have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I often cynically thought that if a woman was drop dead stunning, she would have no interest in me whatsoever, for the two reasons you outlined.

• I would make eye contact and check her out, i am rather shy so hard to make conversation. Now i have few times managed to crop up a conversation and
    things seem to go pretty good.

• I don't find pretty girls at all intimidating, as to whether not I approach them has little to do with their looks and instead on many other factors.

• Id only approach if you acknowledged me,

• Because I'm aware that the girl I'm attracted to doesn't like me back... besides I only assume they have a boyfriend or I'm not their type. I will never say she is a bitch unless I know her personality that we'll.

• Yes i find pretty girls very intimidating. I am confident, so i might just look at her and then go and buy myself a lunch. Its way too risky for me anyway. Plus i have bad experience in the past... so i just look and move on

• I loose attraction if she seems she's begging for attention.

• Depends where I am. Most of the time I do what I call a "stupid campy smile and wave" (what can I say, I'm azn). If I get a smile back, I aproach.

• I would think she already has a boyfriend. I wouldn't assume she's bitchy as most pretty girls I've talked to were extremely nice and easy to talk with.

• First off attractive women are not intimidating, they are people.. like anyone else. Unless I have a reason to speak to someone, I wouldn't go out of my way to approach some random John/Jane doe. Unless of course I find something interesting for insurance I have tattoos and I'm always looking for a good tattoo artist. I have met several people (attractive women included) talking about art. Otherwise that's sorta creepy.

• No, I wouldn't be afraid... but I wouldn't want to make sure she does notice me

If I can get that sign it's all good... if i can't, then I will not approach her

• I do, I dont really do anything because I worry she won't like me.

• I would sit there and thin of heaps of ways to go talk to her and what I could say or do to start a conversation. and then I would keep thinking and nothing would happen

• I don't necessarily approach females, but if I wanted to I probably would assume she had a boyfriend.

• Not sure about approaching someone on the train or whatever but if she really got my attention I would.

• It's kinda intimidating but I won't judge here because I'd never know how she is except by talking to here and knowing here personality but yeah I would think twice before approaching here

• Yes duh we're fuking human

• Yes, I do.

If you're really concerned about it I suggest you approach these guys yourself. Maybe these guys aren't confident either.

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 8

• you gain confidence but doing the thing you fear,. confidence isn't static. there's no such thing as not having it. there's just such a thing as not exercising it enough.

• I had an interesting discussion with my brother about this and he saw a really attractive girl at the mall and she was from his class and i told him why don't you go up to her and talk with her, his response was "she is really pretty and she won't like me, i am not good enough" - I have no idea why guys are like this these days... if only they knew how much we want them to come up to us and talk... sigh :?(

• Not intimidating, just annoying
    Esp when they're dumb

• Bitch! all the way! I know it is dumb, and I actually have some teally stunningly beautiful friends who are amazing human beings, but my first reaction is to tag pretty girls as bitches.

• I don't approach anyone i don't know, but if its like a social event or something like, why not? :)

• Lol I have the same problem. You really start thinking of there is something wrong with you lol

• Sometimes if guys do that, they might come off as a creep. But you should probably smile back at them or gesture them to come over and just talk

• Totally agree. As a guy is sometimes better to not do anything UNLESS the girl gives you a hint (a smile does the job). Otherwise you come up as creepy to them

• i dont think so.