Going for a drink on a first date? and drinking more than the guy was it a bad idea?

I didn't end up drunk but I noticed I was tipsy when I stood up. I only drank beer.

Most Helpful Guy

• too bad. you're a girl. you must have your principles like not to drink with your datemate unless you know each other at least 3 years. something like that. because sometimes boys take advantage on that thing, making a girl drunk, hits her, and then sometimes leaves her like there's nothing happened. too sad for you pal. just a friendly advice here.

Most Helpful Girl

• Were you nervous? Sometimes I end up drinking a little more than I should when I get a bit nervous.

That aside, how did he react to it?

• he asked me if it was ok to order the check.

• and he asked me what I was going to do the next day.

• Well why bot but why not wait a bit and give it a couple of days to see if he contacts you again. And don't bring up the tipsy bit - leave it unless he brings it up. I hope it works out ok for you.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it's a problem, but make sure you always have full control of yourself for your own safety.

• It wasn't a good idea, you shouldn't drink too much unless you know the other person because you could make the wrong first impression or they could take advantage of you. I wouldn't drink on a first date because I turn into a person with no filter lol.

• Yes a little as it was the first date.
    Should of waited longer and got to know him better but it's more how he felt about it and yourself.

• Not really as long as he was going to be driving and not take advantage of you either

• I would understand being nervous on first date so that's why you drank more but I wouldn't suggest it on a first date normally

• Maybe get to know him better first

• Ya really bad idea XD

What Girls Said 3

• Going for drinks is a fine first date, but it's best to wait for your date to finish before ordering another one.

• yes, we had the same number of drinks. but he had a short drink and I drank a beer mug which is bigger than the short drink. it was a craft beer bar where we went.

• but I was a bit tipsy at the end of the date and I also kind of mumble some words I couldn't pronunciate well. well English is not my first language, so maybe he would think it was because of that.

• Yeah I don't think it is a big deal, it would only be a problem if like you had 7 drinks to his two or something.

• yes it was bad bc as a woman you dont have the same right to drink as he does.

• Oh stop with that nonsense. Drinking until you're buzzed isn't a good idea whether you're a male or female. Females get drunk faster due to their metabolism and alcohol intake, hence getting drunk faster hence they should drink less. All you're doing is creating arguments, I kindly ask you to stop.

• i didn't start the argument. sexism, existed before i was born. and this is a talk site. why are you afraid of discussion.

anyhow, you are making it about female vs male behavior im just pointing that out. there's no such thing as females react quicker. It depends on the person and she should know her limit as a person not as a woman. she drank 1 beer. people drink way more than that casual. obviously her toleration is low. how much he had has nothing to do with it.

QA are you saying the guy didn't even finish his beer? i think the thing here is you drank till tipsy. i font see what difference your relative intake to his hand on the situation unless you aimed to make it about appropriate female behavior. which is why i responded as i did.

you could have just said i was on a date and drank till tipsy did i fuck up.

• yes, I was just asking if it's properly ok for a girl to go on a date and drink, I just didn't notice I was tipsy until I stood up. I had beer and he had a short drink. but I drank a beer mug which is a bit bigger than the short drink. although the short drink it has more alcohol. but yeh, I was just saying I'll learn from this experience and maybe order something else for another ocassion.

• not a good idea!