What is the oldest & youngest age you think a 14 years old should date?

(I'm bisexual, so please don't always say "he/him/his" when you want to talk about someone I'll date in the future. It can be any gender.)

It's like I'm not allowed to date at all, not by my family, but by society. I'm being treated like I should be making dolls have sex or something. I'll have to admit I don't feel ready to seriously date, but some 14yos may. The only thing I'm against is being ageist and saying we lack things like intellingence, maturity, self control etc. that all adults supposedly have.

There are so many misconceptions about that, like when an adult knows the consequences of driving fast, the teenager brain thinks "Wow, this is gonna be fun!" That's a stereotype and not true. Another is that when a 14yo dates someone older, especially a guy, they're using the 14yo and he/she is too young (i. e. stupid) to know this. Also not true.

• 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 18-24

Most Helpful Guy

• In my honest opinion...14 year olds are too young to date, so they probably shouldn't. I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but whatever.

• 16 should be the minimum, but then again I guess 18 would be 'ideal' to start dating.

• You see, 18 was the only number I wouldn't like to see. You get everything at 18, it's like you're not even a person before that. I'd agree with 16.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say youngest 12 and oldest 17. I'm 14 as well and this age range seems reasonable to me. I have crushes on guys as young as 12 to my age about 15 to as old as 20, lol

What Guys Said 9

• At your age, prolly only away one year either way. So 13-15.

• My rule is half your age plus 7, thus, a 16 year old should not date anybody younger than 15.

• 1 year younger to 2 years older

• I would say age range for a 14 year old should be age 13-15 at the most.

• I don't mind. But holding hands only, no sex.

• lol, holding hands 😂

• when they're ready to marry.

• In Saudi Arabia, 1 years olds can marry.

• What is the minimum age to marry?

• I don't have any clue about there rules, but I'm talking about what regular people do and don't do, and this is complete bullshit

• The youngest a 14 year old should date is 14. Period. Any younger is disgusting.

The oldest a 14 year old should date is 39ish. I'm turning 30 in two weeks and I'm talking to a girl who turns 14 soon. Girls this age are better because they're more likely to be virgins and they're sexier.

So. I'll range it from 14-39 you should be dating.

• i think stick around your age 15 year olds can be massive i knew a 15 year old benching 100kg 6 ft he's bigger than most 20 year olds

• Personally I don't think 14 year olds should date. Its a huge waste of time at that age. but to answer your question, 14, that's it. No one younger. No one older. There's too much growth going on around that time to be dating anyone out of your immediate age group.

• This isn't ageism its realism.

• Odd. It really depends on where you go and who you talk too. There's a generally positive to impartial vibe to it all but those that are against it can get really loud and outspoken. So they're really in the minority but they don't think they are. pretty much as long as you stay in the more populated areas everyone is either accepting or they avoid talking about it. But if you go to the less populated areas they're more openly against it but most of them are racist and uneducated too so it's hard to take them seriously. It's getting noticeably better though.

• It's nice it's getting better, and a little surprising.

What Girls Said 9

• i'm sorry but i disagree- i know not all 14 year olds are lacking in intelligence, but it is a proven fact that humans minds aren't fully developed until they hit 25 or something like that- the decision making/ consequence connections aren't all quite there yet. i'm not saying it's true of all teenagers but most ( look around and i'm sure you'll be able to point out a few). and it's true there are plenty of adults that are lacking. you seem to have yourself pretty sorted out, which is good, you know your comfort level and you have priorities, however most teenagers don't seem to. so i think under 17 is too young to start dating, as you mentioned most aren't ready. it's in part maturity, but also responsibility- relating to someone else and being mindful of they're feelings and needs. while trying to stay on top of your own stuff. not to mention for most kids the next several years of your life are going to hold a great deal of change, where you stat to figure out what you like and want to do with your life and who you are as a person. and throw school, family, a job, chores, extra curriculars, or other activities and i you can have a lot of stress, not to mention having another person that you are trying to relate to. i just don't really think it's the right time to be focusing on that in your life. i also don't like the idea of not seriously dating- because what's the point if you don't think things will work out you know? it's just leads to eventual heart break.

• Every other thing you said is okay and thank you but don't pull the brain argument. Those things are different for everyone else. Of course I'll be more mature when I hit 25, but I'm not a dumb fuck right now.

• im not saying that you're a dumb fuck you sound like a smart kid and you're on the right track. i'm talking about the majority of kids that i around school. most of them are ok, it's just at that age most kids don't have a certain level of maturity and responsibility that just comes form experience. i did too. it's kinda part of being that age. and then as you gain that experience you mature, it's personal growth, and it's basically part of "growing up".

• Honestly, I can't say I want the responsibility. I have only 4 years left and no career path figured out.

I read a fiction book in an asshole teacher's class and this led to a series of events ending with he failing me on purpose, me missing the school I want by 3 points and having to pay a shit ton of money to private school. Does this count as experience?

• I'm not against dating at 14, but if I were in your place, the youngest would be 13 and the oldest 15.
    It's safer at your age to date people of the same age as you.

• See? You think I can be manipulated too.

• Yeah, people are horny from starting teen years, but the peaks of perviness start at 16-17. 😂
      But the point I want to make is that it's more likely to be raped or just used for sex by people of that age than people around 13-15 (I don't say it's not possible from those people too).

• Well I'm not having sex anytime soon.

• You're not mature enough for dating darling

• See? None of the other people who answered did this. You're making assumptions about my maturity based on my age when you don't know me at all, and treating me disrespectly by calling me "darling". This is ageism, exactly what I don't want to see.

• It's okay, excuse me if I sounded rude, I'm usually calm but this kind of subject makes me go nuts. Well you should date your age or a year older :)

• Thanks for answering ☺️

• In my opinion 14 is a little too young to date but if you do then the oldest should be 15.

• I think it should range 13-15

• i think at 14 you should stick to your age.

• when i was 14 i dated a 15 year old, then i turned 15 and he turned 16.
    i think 1-3 is a good range of years to stay between, until you're 18 at least.

• 14 is a bit young, but I guess someone around up to 15 would be okay.

• Your potential it partner should be your age, ideally, cause you're way too young to date someone older and dating someone younger wouldn't be nice, as you'd think it is childish or something.