What makes someone a wife/husband material?

What personal traits does a person have to possess to be considered wife/husband material by you?

Most Helpful Guy

• A strong emotional connection. 'Traits' do not matter, as long as I'm able to form a strong bond with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• love and feelings aside, there are lots of things one should look for in a partner. are they financially stable? im not saying rich but are they able to pay for the things that they own? are they able to move out or are mommy and daddy still paying? are they mature? are they able to see into the future and if so, is their future the future you want to be in too? are they loyal? do they want kids or not? how about you? take a look at their family. a good family is a great sign of a good person. are they selfish?

What Guys Said 24

• Wife material:
    Girlfriend material with Caring, good with savings, responsible and motherly.

Husband material:
    Financially stable, warm, dedicated, loving, driven.

• Trusting and easy to trust is the most important. If she can't handle that sometimes I may be out late or not contact immediately and automatically assumes I'm cheating, it won't work. Same for me, if I can't trust her then it won't work. Also, almost equal to trust, is the ability to communicate. Communication and trust and the most important parts of a relationship. If you can't communicate at all or without nagging or starting a argument then it won't work.

• Someone who can be honest and trustworthy, who likes you for who you are and has some common interests.

• Wife material...

So loyal and trustworthy that if you were being questioned by the police, she'd have your back without being asked.

Didn't sleep around, or date thugs/trash. None of her boyfriends had a criminal record or were scumbags.

Smart. Not like "masters in woman's studies" smart but street smart.

Attractive and has a lifestyle where she wants to stay attractive.

• They have to be honest, truthful, funny, and trustworthy. Being sexy and having good looks don't hurt.

• I must find her pretty
    She must be kind, patient, into sports, have something ''geeky'', love to travel, be intelligent and make her own goddamn money.

• sounds pretty standard for all sexes... i can't imagine that not being attractive to anyone, can you? what more could anyone want, its pretty much perfect , so probably hard to find.

• lol thank you. well when i said i can't imagine more i meant it quite literally. I dont know where people come up with these lists where you can't find the human being in them when all is said and done.

• @Azara In all honesty these days I'd be happy to snuggle next to any girl on my couch and watch some Netflix :P. You have the right spirit, with that attitude, you'll find a great guy. Make sure he deserves you ! ;)

• Similar to myself.

• Honest, Emotional connection, has to love kids, very supportive, great christian, forgiving, sweet, classy, a gentle person, non judgmental, can put up with my silliness

• Its a tough one. I need a humourous women and one that likes sex no matter what time of the month it is

• She needs to be kind, caring, understanding, loyal, fun, and she needs to be attractive enough. Sorry if I seem shallow, but that's just the way I am. She needs to be healthy (not too skinny and not too big).

• She has to be :
    LOYAL and not flirting behind my back or hiding things

RESPECTFUL

HONEST / NO LIES

ATTRACTIVE / HIGH SEX DRIVE like mine ;)

TALKING WITHOUT ARGUEMENTS

VERY AFECTIONATE

GOOD WORK ETHIC

FRUGAL with her money spent

CARING personality

FUN TYPE / outdoorsy or nerdy or funny or whatever

• Just don't be annoying and don't let yourself get too relaxed (aka using the bathroom with the door open). Stay classy, give your partner space, and don't be a hooker. Pretty basic stuff really.

• An understanding of how our relationship works, a mutual connection, and good sex.

• Caring and emotionally stable. If she is also reliastic, it's great.

• It is sensitive and likes art, funny and intelligent, mature

i can make food, wash clothes, etc, but my wife must let me be and wash the fuckin dishes

• Someone who completes you. That person who makes you strong when you are weak. someone with the same goals but complimenting strengths.

• For women: Probably lots of money

• money and status for the wife

young and dumb for the husband.

Alien power

• Nice bank account!

• loyalty, and a strong will.

• She must not be a feminist.

• Kind heart, ability to care about others and make sacrifices for her family, warmth, willingness to at least put up with sex when I need it and she doesn't, and doesn't grow too large.

• She has to be good breeding stock:

Come from a good bloodline and long well educated family member to the high stands and a fallow aristocracy

• non promiscuous, non cray, non lazy, non afraid of kids and responsibilities.

What Girls Said 14

• If we have similar values/morals and have a good amount of chemistry and compatibility then they'd be marriage material for me :)

• to me what makes a man husband material is a man who:
    is honest/trustful
    loyal/dedicated
    passionate
    who likes kid because i want kids
    a hard working man
    someone who completes me
    a realistic man

• Communication skills, similar morals, and a great sense of humour, he does have to be funny but he as to know how to laugh:)

• I've have guy and girl friends try to make me wifey because I'm usually the only one they know that either can, or likes cooking for people. I always try to cook from scratch too so it give me brownie points. o3o

• Whatever traits the prospective other partner seeks. There is no blanket rule other than respect and love.

• I love him.
    He's responsible - says what he means and does what he says.
    He trusts me and I can trust him; he's honest.
    He's comfortable/ easy/ fun - we're not walking on eggshells trying to impress each other, we just both like being in each other's company.
    We have similar goals and values for our lives.
    He's committed and I have faith that we'll be able to work things out when the inevitable tough patches crop up.
    He's my best friend.

• I have to be in love with them madly and deeply and want to spend the rest of my life with them. That's pretty much it.

• If they're great in bed.

• Someone who is sexy. By sexy I don't mean physically but sexy is a state of mind. Someone with a sexy mind and a good heart. See a sexy mind means a freak in the sheets lol and that equates to great sex. And a good heart will always come before anything

• Attractive, strong-willed, same core values, can put up with me and i them, mutuality in making the other feel like their #1

• Someone who's funny and not afraid to be themselves

• honest and responsible!

• I would say if they are good with kids, sense of humor, and knows how to take care of things themselves

• Somebody who has his stuff together, not a hypocrite, hard working, knows how to take care of his family, honest and doesn't break promises. You think that's too much to ask?