I am 16, almost 17 and haven't had my first kiss. Is this weird?

First of all, I would like to mention that throughout my teen years I always had a lot of problems (and i still have) in real life and I never actually felt ready for a stable relationship that is why I didn't make a lot of contacts with girls and even ignored the ones which wanted to be close to me.

Therefore I think that it will just be too much for me to get into a serious relationship and waste even more nerves than I already do.

I also would like to resolve all my current problems before starting a serious relationship (so it has the effect of a new start) but I feel like it is getting way too late.

Do you guys think I should fix all my problems firstly and then establish a serious relationship as I don't feel ready for such a thing or just go for it without thinking about the rest?

Most Helpful Girl

• its not weird!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• No I don't know why so many little kids are worried about never kissing or being virgins lol it's kind of sad that kids think being a virgin at 16 is shameful :/

• No, mine was when I was 17.

• no that's normal. each of us has a different pace.

• If there is a girl you're interested in, you should to talk to her. Just try to have a balance. You don't have to 'fix all your problems' first. I see it as if she truly likes you, she will be there with you through it

What Guys Said 2

• Yoy are not very bright. You don't have to have a serious relationship with a girl when you get close to her. There are these things called friends and she can be one of them.

• That's not even linked to my topic lol

• You were the one that kept on saying you avoid girls cause you don't want a serious relationship.

• Um why are you only considering something serious? I mean that if you are at a party (given you go to such events) and you are having a great time with a girl, you should just do what you want. There is no reason to feel a sense of commitment for doing something like kissing a girl.

And remember, a girlfriend isn't someone who is there just to fix your problems. ^^