NO MONEY NO HONEY?

How true is this adage?
Does socio-eonomic class play a role in dating in your opinion?
Would you date below in terms of class?

• dude you spoke the truth
  • only true in the case of gold-diggers and sugar-mum boys
  • I`m 50/50 on this
the question isn't about me !!!
its general I'm asking if someone would date outside their social class it could be a billionaire not dating a millionaire or a working class person not dating a lower working class person

Most Helpful Girl

• my other half iand i aren't hurting for money. sure, we don't have thousands of dollars in the bank or the latest and greatest of everything, but we're far from destitute.

he supported us while i was on medical leave, and i supported us when his workplace shut down and he got laid off~ that's what love is; it's a partnership, and it's taking care of each other, never wanting to see the person you love go without.

that being said, we could have nothing but each other and i would love him just as much.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Well in the US we don't really have classes per se. I mean we have poor, middle class, and rich, but not too many people are walking around refusing to associate with those out of their circles because they consider them lower or higher then they are. In terms of dating, you date who you want and if other people have a problem with that you deal with it or ignore them. The difficulty in those types of relationships comes when either one or both bow the the pressure from others to "date within their social class" or if one feels that they have to compete, say financially with the other, or one makes the other feel bad for what they do or don't have.

• In most societies earning bracket and class plays the most role in where you date

• Oh I agree. There are also still cultures where there are very strict rules about who you can and can't date because it may lower your social standard, but we're much more relaxed about this in the US at least. I think parents here in general just want to know their kids can either take care of themselves or their spouse or will be alright financially if their spouse can't/won't take care of them.

• Class is so irrelevant.

• Girls want a guy that can at least support himself. We are slowly moving out of the mindset that guy has to pay for everything. Often pelople split the bill or the girl can pay (I know I could).
    Just don't get involved with a bitch that assumes you will pay and give her present and go in a dates you can't afford. But also don't expect a girl to
    pay everytime or financially support you.

• Yes I know but the question isn't about me its general I'm asking if someone would date outside their social class it could be a billionaire not daring a millionaire or a working class person not dating a lower working class person

• You can date other poor people.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm definitely a gold digger. I would marry someone ridiculously rich, but I can't say the same for everyone; it's just me you know?

• Haha one of my former coworkers would say that all the damn time when we would start up in the morning.

• A. A. A.

Unless you have some other ways to compensate for it. EG: Being very good looking, great personality, more desired race (white) and height. There was a study that said Asians need to make like $250,000 more ANUALLY to be seen as attractive as a white guy. Talk about some compensation eh.