Guys, Would you date a girl that doesn't want kids or get married?

Somebody told me i should never date because people only date so they can get married, have kids, and have a future. I just never believed in marriage. I think its played out and its too expensive to get a devorce. The thought of getting stuck with the person scares me. As for the kids. I can't have them and dont want to risk having them with my condition. It got passed down from my mother and she almost died giving birth to me. Thats why i dont want to take the risk plus i think id make a horrible mother because i dont understand kids. Is it true that i should never date? Or do you think that there is somebody out there that only wants a companion without marriage and children? If not than love must be a lie.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Such nonesense. there's many guys yhat feel the same as you and often spend their lives together travelling the world. So yes you should date because marriage and kids is an option but never a necessity. Being happy is our ultimate goal. Let those who want children have them. And those who dont. Leave alone. Your meet a soul mate no matter what your life choices are. Good luck. x

What Guys Said 16

• I think it's hard to find those kind of single women and ladies to begin with, and even then there are no guarantees regardless. Just because we agreed on never having any children of our own it does not guarantee that we are compatible with each other in many or all the other various areas of our lives.

I more or less given up on even trying to date anyone once I realized I did not want Any children and I know it's an absolute HUGE Deal Breaker in the world of relationships and dating.

But it's more so because I don't really have an optimistic or happy outlook with life, our reality and our world, as well as the future.

Personally I think the "love" like many have experienced it is really just part of the biological process. Hormones and various of those chemicals running through our bodies and minds. If relationships are everywhere and they lead to children, just look at the animal kingdom, etc. then why would it be in any way "special"?

You have to look at the root causes as to why relationships, marriage, family and reproduction happens at all in the first place. LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.

The whole process is just there to reduce the probability of a species from completely dying out eventually because those hormones and chemicals within our bodies and brain causes us to feel, and increases desire someone of the opposite gender to mate and ultimately reproduce and pass the genes on. Because the reproduction process is the "passing on" of another generation "to replace" the previous generations that will eventually die out and cease to exists

I just don't believe it's special at all. Now if one day somehow and someway there was a way to cheat death permanently then I would think that is "absolutely special" because it had always been thought to be completely impossible and if we can no longer die or die easily anymore then reproduction, marriage and family may not be as desirable and not as important anymore, and possibly become obsolete. We'd then no longer have a need to even reproduce. We'd be above all other life and living things and our needs would possibly completely change.

• If something like that ever happens in the distant future, then reproduction may even lose it's role and importance amongst us and it may become completely redundant if we can No longer simply die and die so easily anymore. I can only hope and wish there was a solution that makes death (and all suffering) virtually impossible anymore. But I don't know, that's just what I think and feel about it.

• Well for me personally, I don't date just for the fun of it... I date because I see a future with the girl and part of that future includes getting married and having kids.

As far as it goes, you just need to find someone who holds the same values as you. There are plenty of guys who don't want kids or marriage.

• this would be ideal, actually. I don't want kids nor do I want to get married. If I found a girl who shares those sentiments, we'll be a lot more comfortable around each other.

• I dont belive in marrige either we can not belive in marrage together ! : )

I am sure that is understandable with your condition and if you ever did wish to have kids one day you could always adopt if you really wanted.

So yeah I would be personally fine with that.

• I wouldn't care

• if I want the same thing when the time comes then yeah sure.

• Nope. No kids, fine, but the end goal is marriage.

• No problem at all.

• I wouldn't, because that's a dealbreaker for me.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't date. You just have to find a guy who also has same qualities as you do.

• Nope, that would be my biggest deal breaker.

• Sounds fine to me.

• I wouldn't care doesn't mean after a few years some guys goals change. Like wanting a family

• Guy's only date to get married and have kids... you'r fucking kidding me, right? XD

• I might fuck a girl like that a few times. Don't know that I'd stick around.

• Why? Its not like im just looking to fuck. I want to fall in love without the whole marketing scam society tells us we have to do.

• Depends upon the guy, obviously.

For me, an unwillingness to have kids is a deal-breaker. Not getting married I'm fine with, nothing saying you can't commit to someone and raise a family without marriage.

• I don't think I'd want kids so I think that's fine. I'd be fine not getting married as long as I can trust them to stay with me.

• You should date. There are a lot of guys who do not want to commit either. But I think/hope that you will change your opinion about kids if you find the right one.