I told my boyfriend that I break off an engagement before I met him, will he be able to propose to me one day?

We are so much inlove , we are planning future together, we have talked about marriage and kids and moving in together. won't he fear to propose to me because i broke off an engagement before?

Most Helpful Guy

• My mother broke off an engagement to be with my father. They've been married over 30 years now.

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends on why you broke off the engagement and as long as it was a valid reason and you explained it well so he understood it that way, I doubt you'll have a problem.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see how your past would affect his decision now if he's in love with you... did you at least give him a good reason as to why you did it?

• I don't see why that would be an issue. The other guy has nothing to do with him, so unless you're giving off the vibe that you're a commitment phobe (which it doesn't sound like you are), everything should be fine.

• I told him that i wasn't ready to have kids, yet my Ex was and he was depending on his parents on everything, his parents did everything for him and i couldnt figure out my future with that kind of guy! Is that a scary reason?

• Not for me, it's not. I think you did the smart thing by choosing not to get married to him under those circumstances.

What Girls Said 1

• I imagine all guys are afraid to propose to some degree but I would also think he'd be happy you broke off a previous engagement, otherwise he would never had the chance to get you.