Can you use Facebook as a dating site?

I ask as usual dating sites are rubbish , i mean either way you in the same postion so if you get chatting with a girl on facebook why can't you ask her out not diffrent to chating to her on a dating site?
also of course i would only ask a girl out if she was single!

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm if you know the girl personally and you start chatting and she is also actively involved (by asking you questions back or something) not just giving one word answers you can definitely ask her out
    but adding a random girl with a pretty pic and start chatting is a bit creepy and comes of as desperate in my opinion (a few guys did that and i was always like wtf?)

Most Helpful Guy

• Use Hinge. It polls your Facebook friends list to find friends of friends who are single.

What Girls Said 1

• It'll be easier to just use an actual dating site than use Facebook. You could do it but it's not your best option.

What Guys Said 4

• Sure, you can, but Facebook is more connection between mutual friends.

Meaning, the more friends you have, the better chance of you hooking up due to its mutual friend's search engine.

If you're not a very popular guy, You're better luck developing better social skills and lady skills because I'm an asshole for assuming, since you rather online date, you don't have much of those said skills.

Good Luck man ! ;P

• I wouldn't recommend it

• you can, but you cannot add random people.

• From my experience, I can tell you it's more difficult, since girls will not usually accept friend requests from strangers, and you'll get blocked a lot.